A fawn comes bleating, . . .

by compound complex 20 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

at my open screen door, in search of Mama.

I come into the living room (from the kitchen), we exchange glances for a moment, and he beats a hasty retreat. I am not Mama. . . .

Meantime, finches gather 'round the four birdbaths in my garden and splash about and share the latest birdland gossip.

How are the critters in your neck of the woods? I live in a wood.

Best.

CoCo

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I got up the other night and glanced in the hallway and noticed the first lliving cockroach I have ever seen in this house.When we first moved in, there were a few dead ones, but I keep my house very clean. Went to find something to kill it and it had disappeared. EWWW. I live in Houston burbs.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Oh CoCo, it sounds all Snow White magical!!

Hmmm, critters in my neck of the woods...

There are plenty of squirrels. NY squirrels don't scamper away. They are, in my estimation, ready for a fight and will gladly stare down anyone that tries to walk on the same path. I have actually felt fearful chills up my spine when their tails stand straight up in air and tail fur, too, in a stance that makes me believe they are ready, willing and able to attack!!! Or maybe they just think I'm nuts!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, JWDaughter and rip!

Boy, it's real wild life in your 'hood!

SCARY!!!

CC

I do have early evening . . .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

There's a small herd of deer who bed down somewhere right in the town limits where I live.

I see 'em all the time; they even come into my neighborhood and graze in people's front yards in broad daylight.

Nobody messes with 'em, partly 'cause it's - let's face it - pretty cool, and partly 'cause the bucks have pointy bits.

Considering how cold the winters are here, I've come to have a newfound respect for just how tough these animals are.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Vidiot, for telling us about your herd of deer.

We have 'em aplenty here, along with turkeys, cougars and the occasional bear. None of these beasties concern themselves that our neighborhood is "developed."

Take care.

CC

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

CoCo,

I have been looking after my local peaceable kingdom. I feed the birds, and they know who feeds them. I have a nesting pair of robins in my tree out front, and have been feeding many sparrows too. When I take my dog out, they all get along.

zed

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Zed, for telling us about your peaceable kingdom.

Somehow, it seems all we could possibly need and want to fill the soul is here -- today!

Best to you and yours.

CoCo

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I found a snake in the laundry room once! Yeah, I screamed like a girl!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Skeeter!

There are occasions when screaming like a girl is justified . . .

I'll stand by that, especially if one is of the female persuasion.

Snakes simply are not cuddly and fuzzy. I'm sure someone here, though, might disagree.

Thanks!

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit