101 ways Jehovah's Witnesses are the embodiment of George Orwell's 1984

by rory-ks 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

Big Brother is actually running Bethel. And I don't mean a representation of "big brother" I mean BIG BROTHER in person. For real.

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

I really did think this would be an exciting subject. It's like that feeling you have when you first come in to "the truth," and you want to tell everyone about it, and you feel sure that everyone will respond positively and accept it, and see that Jehovah is indeed the true God...but then they don't ...and it's all very hum-drum.

Anyway, that's how I felt when I read 1984 this time...

There's pictures, and videos, and links, and everything and a really good bit where one of the speakers at this year's District, Regional, International, ugh, whatever-its-called, says something about homosexuality becoming obligatory in the future. No word of a lie.

• Mikado
    Mikado

I recall as a very young teenager being told that the truth is the truth is the truth, it never changes...even as a kid I knew that was a logical error.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"The truth never changes" mikado.

Wow...yes, I had that said too...but now we are told that "the truth changes, which proves it is the truth"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit