What a huge difference this year.

by quellycatface 13 Replies latest jw friends

• skin
    skin

People pushing into my conversations at the KH and taking over, leaving me standing there in the background, that regularly happens to me. I normally hang around for about a minute before I just walk away. I don't normally stay after the meeting's so for me to talk to anyone is rare, and then to be pushed out of it by some rude person that obviously can't see me. The interesting thing about this behavior is that it only happens in the KH.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am glad you have made a successful transition into a better environment for you. I find people can be clicky wherever you go, but it was worse at the Kingdom Hall. There is nothing lonier than being in a group but not part of it. It's a sort of pack mentality, survival of the fittest, the minute you are seen as being weak, ill or troubled you are avoided like the plague, as if their seat on the survive Armageddon bus is threatened by showing you kindness.

I was shocked to visit a church and find out it was so much friendlier than the kingdom hall.

• WishingLiz
    WishingLiz

How wonderful, congratulations Quelly!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Thank you for all your kind comments and birthday wishes.

I never felt so out of place, or as depressed when I was at the KH. I used to cry silent tears sometimes, thinking I was going crazy.

Thank God I am free now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit