Would it be possible to get notifications of replies, to Topics we've subscribed to, in the future?

by defender of truth 7 Replies latest forum suggestions

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

I'm not complaining, JWN is an excellent research and discussion site, and easy to use.
    It's just that I feel I have to scroll back through pages of threads every day to see who, if anyone, has replied to me.
    Only asking, thank you for your hard work, Simon and the mods.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, maybe I've read your question wrong, but you do know you can click on your own username, and then on 'Topics Posted On' to find all your posts? You only have 4 pages of posts...

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Of course I know that.. I have a really old phone which loads pages up in segments, even just going through the process of 'click my name, topics posted on etc' takes ages and is a bit tedious. But I mainly started the thread because someone mentioned to me that it would be good to have a notification feature, many people don't check their old threads and miss replies.
    Thanks anyway.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I echo the not a complaint mantra, but I do wonder if there is a more modern way to make it easy to follow a topic posted on if requested. Its a pretty common feature.

You may comment casually on one thread, and have intense interest in how another one developes.

Simon can I possibly be of help, or are you not really working on the site right now.

Thanks as always.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, I often wish for this too. Even being able to sort the threads I've posted on by the last post's date (not the date of my last post) would solve the problem, I think.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I always "Bookmark this page"using my Chrome browser, all of my posts, creating a brief description of the topic and the count of views at that moment. When I get done with this one, for example, I will have added a bookmark labeled "notification of replies, 261".

That way, I can find the exact thread easily; plus the number of reads after my post is derived by subtraction.

Len

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Yes please, a notification system would be an axcellent addition.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, the ability to see topics that you are interested in which have been updated since you last read them would be very useful.

I need to go get my hammer ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit