JW.ORG jewellery and pendants?

by stuckinarut2 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How long will it be before witnesses start getting jewellery made up with JW.ORG as the pendant?

Can you imagine a nice gold neck chain, with a diamond JW.ORG hanging from it?

Or a small ring with the logo on it?

I reckon we will see a trend start to occur!......

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 9/74 p. 8 Question Box ***

Question Box

● Is it fitting to display the Hebrew or English letters of the Tetragrammaton on automobiles, jewelry and other items?

This is a matter that should rightly be left for each Witness to decide, based on the dictates of his own conscience.

Nevertheless, circumstances vary, and what may be appropriate in one locality may not be fitting in another area. For example, where there is considerable prejudice against Jews, displaying the Tetragrammaton in Hebrew letters could give rise to needless problems due to mistaken identity. And some Jews themselves find the public display the Tetragrammaton objectionable. Also, in some areas there are other reasons why such a practice might be viewed as strange and so create misunderstandings.

On the other hand, some have found that displaying the Tetragrammaton either in English or Hebrew letters has aroused curiosity and given openings for informal witnessing. Then, too, it has served as a means of identifying other Witnesses when traveling.

If a person should decide to display the Tetragrammaton on his car, he should also appreciate the responsibility of not misrepresenting it by disregard for Caesar’s laws or by careless and inconsiderate driving.

As Jehovah’s servants we are responsible to uphold the dignity of his name. This is done primarily by preaching and by setting a good example in Christian living. Should the public display of the Tetragrammaton detract from that, it would obviously not be fitting. Furthermore, we do not want to give others the impression that the Tetragrammaton is the symbol of Jehovah’s witnesses as a whole. We have no organizational symbol to identify ourselves but show that we are Jehovah’s Christian witnesses by living in harmony with God’s will.—John 13:35.

• Calebs Airplane
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Quote from Sept 1974 Question Box pg 8: 'We have no organizational symbol to identify ourselves....'

We do now!!!!!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

We need sd-7 to write an article explaining whether it's: JWdot-ORG or JW-dotORG.

I'm soakin' fused!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Quote from 7/1/2013 Watchtower pg 4: 'Yet you will never see commercial advertising or appeals for money. The emphasis is on dispensing Bible truth.'

Oh no never any advertising!

I happen to see the WTBTS advertising this company logo every chance they get....and as to whether they appeal for money: They also appeal for money from each and everyone of the 110,000+ congregations every chance they get to the tune of 10's of millions every month!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The elders will get a pinky ring with the logo on for others to kiss.

I'm also seeing big-ass rapper style letter J pendants.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hmmm, maybe I'll get the JW.org logo tatooed on my ass. Just in case WT theology is correct, showing my ass just might get me saved!

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

http://www.zazzle.com/jw_square_pin_button-145097301114619755

Didn't a similar thing happen earlier on with the Bible Students and the "cross and crown" pin that they later abandoned?

• 4thgen
    4thgen

well they are a printing company after all. $$$$ 1st!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit