e-mail fw'd by jws discusses pedophile issue

by DB 10 Replies latest jw friends

• DB
    DB

I recieved a forwarded e-mail from a jw today which discusses the pedophile issue and Bill Bowen. Unfortunately, I don't know how to post it here. It quotes Bowen and some of his concerns, and contains one statement, presumably by JR Brown or another WTS representative, saying that jws do not condone such abuse. I fw'd it to some here privately.

The names on the fw list were mostly, if not all, those of jws. And this message was sent to myself and about 20 more jws, so word is spreading, and this subject will be discussed, though with what results is anyone's guess.

Good day :) DB

• sf
    sf

Just scroll your mouse over the texted portion you want us to WITNESS. 'COPY' then 'PASTE' it here.

sKally

• Amazing
    Amazing

In addition to what Skally stated, sometimes some ISP systems do not fully recognize 'Paste' codes of the forum, so after I 'Copy' as Skally suggested, I then place my cursor on the message screen and hit Ctrl-V ... and this will paste it. The formate codes will often change, so you may need to go back and correct Return Key, quotes, bolding, italics, etc. before posting.

• SYN
    SYN

PLEASE POST IT HERE! Or alternatively email it to me - I'm dying to see it! Thanks! But preferably remove all addresses and such & then stick it in here! Come on, it's simple!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• DB
    DB

I tried to copy, but I am not very good at this stuff. Also, everything that leaves this computer has my full name on it, which would be obviously recognizable by any jws who lurk here. I am not sure how to copy something over without my name attached. Fear of jw repirsal keeps me from taking that risk. Sad, isn't it?

• DB
    DB

Make that reprisal. :):)

• sf
    sf

EXAMPLE:

"I tried to copy, but I am not very good at this stuff. Also, everything that leaves this computer has my full name on it, which would be obviously recognizable by any jws who lurk here. I am not sure how to copy something over without my name attached. Fear of jw repirsal keeps me from taking that risk. Sad, isn't it?"

All I did was scroll the (left) mouse over your text. Clicked the right mouse and hit 'copy'. Took the cursor to this box and clicked right mouse again and 'paste'.

To OMIT text you don't want to be viewed...simply backspace and X-out those words. Like this:

"I tried to copy, but I am not very good at this stuff. Also, everything that leaves this computer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, which would be obviously recognizable by any jws who lurk here. I am not sure how to copy something over without XXXXXXXXX attached. Fear of jw repirsal keeps me from taking that risk. Sad, isn't it?"

Try it.

sKally

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

If you were willing to forward it to one of us that you trust ... we could remove your name and just post the content of the email. I would be willing to, anyway.

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

• SYN
    SYN

I'll even do it for you! Damn! I just want to see this email! And we'll ALL know if you tell us who you sent it to, if your name is revealed! Maybe you should send it to Simon? Come on! Just erase the names after you copy/paste the text...it's easy!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• DB
    DB

SYN, I will try e-mailing it to you tomorrow.

My computer is licensed in my name, and I don't care if it's easy to do or not, I am not posting it here.

It's the article that ran in the Paduca Sun-Times about a year ago that was posted at the CNBC site. It's nothing that we haven't seen here a thousand times. My point was that jws are reading and circulating this stuff. It's of interest that they are willing to do so. I'd don't think the exact content matters all that much. I can verify that the article was accurate because I have seen it before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit