One language in the new system

by OneEyedJoe 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

It was stuff like this that had me disagreeing with Botchtower on a regular basis.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

They are crazeballs!

• fulano
    fulano

We Will speak Dutch !

• blondie
    blondie

*** it-1 p. 1068 Hebrew, II ***

The Bible is the only historical source giving reliable evidence of the origin of the language that we know as Hebrew. It was, of course, spoken by the Israelite descendants of “Abram the Hebrew” (Ge 14:13), who, in turn, was descended from Noah’s son Shem. (Ge 11:10-26) In view of God’s prophetic blessing on Shem (Ge 9:26), it is reasonable to believe that Shem’s language was not affected when God confused the language of the disapproved people at Babel. (Ge 11:5-9) S

*** it-2 p. 508 Noah ***

Noah and Shem were not involved in the tower building and consequently would not suffer confusion of their language, but would continue to speak man’s original language, which God gave to Adam.—Ge 9:1, 28, 29; 11:1-9.

hem’s language would remain the same as it had been previously, the “one language” that had existed from Adam onward. (Ge 11:1) This would mean that the language that eventually came to be called Hebrew was the one original tongue of mankind. As stated, secular history knows no other.

*** go chap. 1 pp. 5-6 pars. 1-4 The Next Rulership for All the Earth ***

The day of the long-promised world government is dawning. Within our favored generation that government will rise like the sun in a cloudless sky to flood the earth with its welcome light, ushering in a time of radiant living for all mankind. What is brought to light should delight our eyes.

2 A transformed scene brightens before our eyes. Human relations were once so difficult. But look! What happens under the greatly needed world government when in control? Everywhere the oneness of the human family is acknowledged and abided by in all honesty and happiness. Everyone is a friend to everybody else. The bonds of family relationship are felt to the depths of each one’s soul. Along with this enjoyable fellowship, there is a fine spirit of helpfulness with sincere interest in the others’ welfare. Divisive racism is no longer rampant. All make up one human race, with common blood ties, all being of one origin.

3 Listen! All the subjects of the world government are understanding one another. They are speaking a common world language! Why, that is like going back to the original speech pattern of the human family! Back until some forty-one centuries ago all humans spoke the same language. All men had the one vocabulary, making it possible for them to understand one another’s speech. This made it easy for them to work together in any common project. Then, suddenly, there came a confusion of language. Many languages sprang up! Local dialects developed. O what division this brought! National languages became a treasure jealously guarded and insisted upon for preservation. This is something that only the world government can deal with successfully. It will!

4 The world government takes away all language barriers between its subjects. National pride of language is wiped out. National distinctions are gone! No one is a citizen of this or that nation. All are world citizens, yes, citizens of one new world. The one language that they all speak for mutual understanding is the language recognized and used by the world government, the official language. It is mankind’s original language, which everybody on earth spoke for the first eighteen hundred years of human existence. That original language was developed to a high degree and it never did really die out, for a small minority of people persisted in its use, also the greatest book on earth preserving it.

*** ws chap. 21 p. 176 The Garden of Eden Restored—Earth Wide ***

11 Will the earth-wide Paradise suffer from the confusion of having many languages? No, because the “Prince of Peace” is also referred to as the “Mighty God.” (Isaiah 9:6) Thus he is able to reverse the confusion of language that began at the Tower of Babel. (Genesis 11:6-9) What will become the common language of all the earthly children of the “Eternal Father”? Will it be the original language of the first Adam, the language with which Jehovah endowed him? Likely. In any event, all language barriers will be wiped out. You will be able to travel anywhere and communicate with people. You will be able to understand them, and they will be able to understand you. There will be one language for all mankind, and it would be appropriate for the entire Bible to be available in that language. (Compare Zephaniah 3:9.) In that language all the earth will be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah “as the waters are covering the very sea.”—Isaiah 11:9.

12 Fulfilled then will be the words of Zechariah 14:9: “In that day Jehovah will prove to be one, and his name one.” Jehovah alone will be worshiped as the one true God. In “that day” of Jehovah’s Kingdom by the “Prince of Peace,” God will reveal the exact pronunciation of his name. Then there will be just one pronunciation of that holy name by everybody on earth. His name will be one.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

We'll speak Java.

Everyone will be programmed by Jahova with Java language.

hello new world! LOL

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They spend so much time on speculative items. I will state that I have no idea where language started. Wikipedia references the flow f language over time. Pagan beliefs can be traced, too. English or French would make more sense. If you belief the Bible and are Christian, Acts has a multitude of languages. The Holy Spirit did not have everyone speak Hebrew. Paul and Paul's crowd wanted to attract Gentiles, not annoy them.

Cross or torture stake. Who cares? There are larger concerns present than cross or torture stake. If you have no background in the world, the WT analysis can sound impressive. Fortunately, we graduate from second grade and confront the truth. Look at me. Born-in, multigenerational, Bethelites, remnant, court cases. I forgot about Jesus being Michael until I found this forum. Yet I knew torture stake, that the United States was evil, never utter lucky or watch Bewitched. Which concepts should be the most important? I was such a fool! American public schools should be celebrated.

I realize that to forget Jesus was nobody is blessed.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Jah-Vah.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Yeah! Jah-vah's Witnesses! LOL

• SadElder
    SadElder

I remember from somewhere years ago a statement that what Adam and Eve spoke was called proto-hebrew maybe proto-hebraic. And it was that language that would be spoken in the new world. Maybe someone who has a better memory can dig up the WT source. It was too long ago to remember the context of the discussion. The WT library does referrence paleo-hebew in the appearance of the tetragrammaton in some texts.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Interesting that with millions of people starving, epidemics going unchecked, nuclear weapons proliferating and ready to launch, JWs still prefer to worry about such things as what language people will speak in the 'New System'. Heaven forbid they should actually channel their energy into helping the poor and sick, as Jesus commanded. I have absolutely no use for idle Biblical speculation about trivialities that are all fiction to begin with. Yet another example of why I can't stand the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit