Just came across this jw comment on the interweb, what do you think?

by disposable hero of hypocrisy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

We are up for a new kind of persecution in the future. A new form that was unheard of for us. In Australia, disfellowshipped and dissasociated are planning on suing JW for emotional and mental hardship for being cast out completely. Some courts are considering this case. It may become illegal in the future to disfellowship people.

Another, in Denmark, it is going to become law that gay marriage MUST be performed in a religious institution if the couple demand it. In other words, religious organizations no loner will have a choice to turn them down. If a pastor, priest, elder turn it down, then the religious institution must provide a replacement.

So if a gay couple CHOOSE a Kingdom Hall, we will be sued because no elder will perform it nor sign the certificate.

End of quote

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Oh the poor poor Witnesses.... they're soooo persecuted.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

My eyes just rolled so hard, I saw my own brain.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

No big deal they will start to rent the KH out!

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Blech. I cry for them. Poor wittle babies.

They are not the only anti gay religion...my adult child was told she was going to hell by a protester at the pride parade over the weekend just for being there to support equality. Hateful people. Religion seems to breed some of the most evil, hateful people. Yet they love to cry out about being persecuted.

Jws are no different.

• steve2
    steve2

Religious nutters of one shade or another excite themselves into earnestly complex lathers over what will happen to them when push comes to shove.

7th-Day Adventists believe that a sure sign of the nearness of the end will be when secular and religious authorities force them to work on the Sabbath (i.e., by making it illegal to keep the Sabbath).

The imagination required to believe that one is part of a uniquely "true" group in a world of widespread corruption and sin is anything but reasonable.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

What gay couple in their right mind would voluntarily choose a JW Kingdom Hall for their wedding ceremony? The local morgue would be a FAR more uplifting venue. Most gay people want a wedding with CLASS.....a trait not evident in any Kingdom Hall I've ever seen.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "The imagination required to believe...is anything but reasonable."

Ironic, considering how thoroughly high-control groups endeavor to snuff out imagination.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

The Witnesses LOVE being persecuted! If they are not being persecuted, they will create their own persecution. It feeds into their paranoia and reinforces their belief that they are the chosen one.

• jws
    jws

Navytown wrote:

What gay couple in their right mind would voluntarily choose a JW Kingdom Hall for their wedding ceremony? The local morgue would be a FAR more uplifting venue. Most gay people want a wedding with CLASS.....a trait not evident in any Kingdom Hall I've ever seen.

I don't know. If I were gay and living in Denmark, I might want to get married in a kingdom hall just for the controversy it would stir up with the JWs.

But I doubt any government would enact a law that forces a religion to marry you at their building. I would assume there would be some requirements like belonging to that religion in the first place. Although I'm sure some religions will overlook that fact for a "donation".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit