Stupid paragraph in this weekends wt study

by stuckinarut2 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ambersun
    ambersun

What Cantleave said with knobs on! Utter, utter rubbish!! At least they used a different made up name instead of "Andre"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Eduardo is the WT latin or philippino version of Andre!

• ambersun
    ambersun

Hmmmm yes, Andre isn't exactly your every day philippino name is it. I can just see them sitting round the board table thinking up a suitably apt philippino equivalent substitute for Andre for their hero father in this made up story.

"How many votes for Eduardo guys? ...... Ok, Eduardo it is"

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am not sure the article was targeting Filipinos but the country has a high migrant population.

http://verafiles.org/dissecting-the-overseas-filipino-population/

This article is singularly bad advice for this group.

• Splash
    Splash

We have East Europeans in our congregation from Lithuania, Latvia and Poland.
    I'm sure they felt very comfortable and encouraged as we covered that material.

Splash.

• piztjw
    piztjw

My two cents worth:

Par. 4 "If he had, I probably wouldn't be in Jehovah's organization today."

Well so much for training your children to want to be a JW on their own. She admits serving God for her dad, not out of any genuine love of God.

Par. 9 "We should not...strive...for future financial security."

That's right. Someone else can pay for our way! So much for the proverb counseling to, "Go to the ant, you lazy one."!!

Par. 10 "...money cannot...sustain us the way godly wisdom can."

Try eating 'godly wisdom when you are hungry and see how full your belly gets, or drink it when you are thirsty. Try buying gasoline for your vehicle, or paying your light or heat bill, or taxes with 'godly wisdom', and see just how far you will get.

Par. 10 "...avoid going into debt."

I wonder how much those three brand new vehicles in the parking lot cost, and if the MS and elders paid cash for them? If they paid cash, why didn't they make do with 'sustenance and covering' and use the cash to help needy 'widows and orphans' in the congregation? If they incurred debt, why do they think they can ignore the FDS and the rank and file cannot?

Par. 11 "...did not spend money on nonessentials."

So did they buy food and clothing, or go without so they could make "voluntary" contributions to the organization?

Par. 16 "My husband even had to step down from servng as an elder...a decision that is contrary to his (God's) will..."

Evidently then, according to the WT, being an elder is God's will, but not being an elder is against God?

Par.17 "Seek Jehovah's direction BEFORE you make decisions and commitments..."

What a good excuse to refuse help to the poor, the widows and orphans in the JW congregation. "I prayed about it, and it seems that Jehovah's will is I buy that new car for myself, instead of helping you. After all it's for field service of course."

Par. 17 "Ask the elders for...advice, and...trust in Jehovah's promise to help you by following his counsel."

So we now see that the elders have been elevated to equals with God himself?

Par. 19 "People comment how happy Jehovah's Witnesses are."

Really? Who? In my recent observations JW's are anything but happy. They are the most miserable, beat down, crippled, welfare dependent, Sad Sack looking individuals I see.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Par. 19 "People comment how happy Jehovah's Witnesses are."

Let me guess. The 'people' that are making these comments just happen to be 2 dudes in the Writing Department that can't tell the difference between genuinely happy people (like I will be when I land a good job) and zombies that are in an over-medicated stupor (like I used to be).

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My uncle was an overseer. In fact, he was asked to take over a troubled KH in NJ for $. The $ upset him greatly so he told Bethel to forget about it. He ended up in a lesser KH. My cousins were pretensious. As I matured, however, I realized that my cousins paid a very high price for the dubious privilege of being an overseer's family. They were always alone. My uncle ended up completely abandoning his family. He shacked up with a JW convert nurse. My aunt could not be bothered to even call the police when my uncle took my youngest cousin away. My life was hell but their lives were so sad. The bitchy female cousin married a 34 year old convert when she was 16. She was pregnant.

My uncle ended up in CA. He studied at a community college. Julliard accepted him for violin playing. He turned down the scholarship for the Witnesses. His second wife gave him a violin as a wedding present. They both participated in choral groups. Wife two hated that he had children. I ended up screaming at him that my cousins were worthwile. They were worthwhile. No question about it. What values does the WT impart if Mr. Overseer could ditch his kids so easily?

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

They are a bunch of hypocrites! The GB live in expensive high rise apartments, drive fancy cars, wear nice clothing, most have a number of pieces of jewelry they wear, food paid for, free medical, vacations paid for and green handshakes, etc. yet many of these people who live in third world countries have very little and sometimes can't even eat everyday. How dare they put them down for trying to take care of their family any way they legally can. They truly make me sick with their nonscense.

I agree with others that the WT$ will never give them the money to put food on their table or help them with basics needs.

• Aunt Fancy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit