Victim of Jehovah's Witnesses child abuse. See the petition

by Watchtower-Free 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSfmRg2URrk

She forced a stick down my throat and made me eat my own vomit': Daughter abused by adoptive mother for 20 years tells of torture and fears over her imminent release from prison

• Victoria Evans was tortured by her adoptive mother Eunice Spry
    • She was starved for three months at a time and violently abused
    • Forced to live in a wheelchair for four years
    • Mother was convicted of 26 charges of child abuse 14 years ago
    • She will be released in July and Victoria fears she will try to make contact
    • 'When I look into her eyes I see so many horrific memories,' says Victoria

By Naomi Greenaway

Published: 09:04 EST, 2 June 2014 | Updated: 09:08 EST, 2 June 2014

View
    comments

Victoria Evans, who was brutally tortured by her adoptive mother for 20 years, has spoken of her fears about her abuser's release from prison next month.

Eunice Spry, 70, from Gloucestershire, will be let out of jail in July and could be rehoused just miles from the daughter she so cruelly abused.

Victoria, also from Gloucestershire, today made her first ever television appearance on ITV's This Morning. 'I wish her no harm but I don't want to ever see her again,' she said. 'When I look into her eyes I see so many horrific memories.'

+4

Victoria Evans, who was tortured for nearly 20 years by her adoptive mother, appeared on This Morning to tell her harrowing story

'There have been concerns she'll try and make contact,' she adds.

More...

Eunice was jailed for 12 years after being convicted of 26 charges of child abuse against her two foster children and Victoria, her adopted daughter.

Now 28, Victoria spoke of the vile abuse she endured but says she is stronger and happier than ever.

Telling her harrowing story, she said, 'She would force a stick down my throat and would count and count whilst I screamed in agony.

+4

Imminent release: Eunice Spry, Victoria's foster mother, is due for release in July

'She would then stand on top of me to stop me from screamin g.

'We were always starved -- sometimes for three months at a time. And if she saw we looked too healthy she would make us vomit.' She would then make her daughter consume her own sick..

'She was the same with all of us,' she said referring to her two foster siblings. 'Sometimes she was a bit nicer to one to get us against each other.'

She then told of the guilt and torture she endured when her adoptive mother's biological children were killed in a freak accident.

'A lorry driver was playing with his radio and ploughing into the back of us. I was hanging with broken neck over two dead bodies over me.

'Six months later when I woke up from the coma she said, " Why is it scum like you grace this earth ?"

'She then said the devil looks after his own . She the kept me in a wheelchair for four years. If I ever tried to sit up she would push me back in by my jaw.'

Victoria's escape came at the age of 18 when, in her role as nanny to a younger brother, she was allowed out the house.

'People said, "Why have you got strangulation marks?" I didn't want to lie to them . That's when I realised that what was going on at home was not right. These people were being different.'

+4

Victoria Spry, 28, poses for a portrait with her dogs in Gloucestershire, England

Eventually she left home and brought charges against Eunice. However, despite the vile abuse, her mother had such power over her that Victoria still craved her affection.

'At first my mother was writing letters to me saying, "I love you" and she'd call me "a special daughter". It would rip my heart out.'

+4

Disturbing image of Victoria, abused at the hands of her own adoptive mother

Eunice was found guilty of 22 charges, including assault and actual bodily harm .

'I was grieving when first happened,' Victoria admitted. 'I was in shock .'

'Eunice's father died three days into the trial so there was guilt, guilt, guilt!' she said. 'But I know what I did was right .

'Now, I'm a different person . I've got amazing friends , I'm in a relationship and I've got two gorgeous dogs,' she said in an inspiring show of strength.

'Y ou can always get up, dust yourself and keep going. Don't use your past as an excuse,' she said.

But sadly, Victoria felt there was a 'ridiculous lack of support' for people in her position.

'There are people up that need picking up and helping,' said Victoria. And by raising awareness that's exactly what Victoria is now hoping to do.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2646157/Daughter-abused-adoptive-mother-tells-fears-release.html#ixzz35zISfoxi
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Watchtower-Free
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This sounds weird. Perhaps it is the writing style. It lacks credibility.

• happy@last
    happy@last

This seems very real and harrowing. I don't see any link to a petition though.

• happy@last
  • clarity
    clarity

"This sounds weird. Perhaps it is the writing style. It lacks credibility."

This is all you can say .... why don't you learn to read!

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Band on the Run, here is some evidence for you (pictures too). Do a little research in future before casting doubt on a story's validity.

"For the first time in her life, the teenager met people who not only cared for her, but noticed the horrific bruises and strangulation marks she was unable to hide under thick clothes.
    Spry came under question from the group, but blamed the injuries on an older step child, telling Victoria to do the same.
    But eventually the lies became too much, and the teenager broke down, telling everything to a young couple in the group who smuggled her out the house just before Christmas 2004.
    It took three weeks to build up the courage to tell the police, but brave Victoria eventually outlined the darkest details of the years of abuse.
    “I was there the longest, I was there from when I was a little baby,” she said. “She was all I knew, and like the others, despite it all, I still felt loyal to her.” Spry – who to his day still denies any abuse – was arrested. Investigating officers scoured her two properties and recovered the bloody and splintered sticks she had shoved down her children’s throats, as well as teeth knocked out in the process.
    Amongst the squaller in the homes they found unposted letters Victoria had written – but forgotten about – begging neighbours to ‘please be my new mummy’.
    She was found guilty of 26 charges, including unlawful wounding, cruelty to a person under 16, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, perverting the course of justice and witness intimidation.
    Judge Simon Darwall-Smith, at Bristol Crown Court, told Spry that this was the worst case he had come across in 40 years in law."

http://ukpaedos-exposed.com/2012/03/21/eunice-spry-gloucestershire/

• smiddy
    smiddy

This sounds weird. Perhaps it is the writing style. It lacks credibility.

BOTR , What sounds weird ? What lacks credibility ? What do you mean ? Please explain .

smiddy

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Band on the Run - this is a well publicized court case.

It sounds weird because this was a real life horror story.

Its not normal, weird, awful, disgusting abuse by a JW woman

who attended meetings at a Kingdom Hall. She is in prison.

• TG-Jasper
    TG-Jasper

I guess if anyone in the congregation knew or suspected anything they hushed it up...as usual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit