Jw's dont really care about doctrine do they?

by marriedtoajw 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• marriedtoajw
    marriedtoajw

It seems to me that JW's really don't care about doctrine. Ephesians chapter 4 verse 11 "and he gave some as apostles others as prophets, others as evangelists, others as pastors and teachers to equip the Holy Ones for the work of ministry for the building up of the body of Christ until we attain the unity of faith and knowledge of the Son of God to mature manhood to the extent of the full stature of Christ so that we may no longer be in infants tost by waves and swept along by every wind of teaching arising from human trickery from their cunning in the interest of deceitful scheming". Is it just me or does this verse totally annihilate the doctrine or belief in new light.

• blondie
    blondie

Many jws only care what jws see them doing....God has left the land and is not seeing is many jw's motto.

I have found many an elder or BOE that can give a WTS a twist that gets people out of trouble (especially if it is elders and their family members)

Then there is the way that "truth" and "light" can be changed instantly by the GB to suit their dogma.

• suavojr
    suavojr

very true blondie, it happens all the time withing the borg. If you know how the system works, and you know the right elders, you can get out of any jam with just a slap on the hand

• Ding
    Ding

The only safe doctrine for JWs today is that the GB is always right.

Everything else is subject to "new light" with little or no notice.

• marriedtoajw
    marriedtoajw

since I've never been a JW I don't have the intimate knowledge that you folks may have an inner workings of the organization. most of my knowledge is really second hand or from my own independent research.then I know that many people who are not Christians or even who may be Christian think that too many questions are hypocrites JW or not. I guess I may be stating the obvious but it just seems so confusing how JW's can change their beliefs so easily with just a pronouncement from the governing body and they don't even have to change thier religion.

• marriedtoajw
    marriedtoajw

Sorry, i meant christians, not questions. This darn phone!!!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Many neither know nor care. It's about social posturing and position, and who is the most "spriritual" (popular) person in the room.

They prefer the spiritual "training wheels" that a religion provides.

• designs
    designs

Doctrines and battleing Evangelicals was Big in the 1960s to the late 1990s. We had several Theological Seminaries in southrn California then and the infamous Walter Martin and his hilarious Bible Answer Man Radio show, plus Greg Laurie from Calvary Chapel.

They were good knock down drag out fights.

Like all things that change with the times those big debates have faded and people have other controversies to address.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Long long ago I came to the decision that JWs obey the WTS because of WHOM the WTS claims to be (God's sole channel of communication on earth) regardless of WHAT they say.

The WTS always says: obedience is paramount. Read their propaganda, it's all about the rulership; it is authoritarian.

Any suspicion of dissent with a currently-held position is treated harshly, even though the WTS could later amend its position to that "heresy". The test is obedience, and this is what Jesus and Jehovah were looking for when they selected Rutherford in 1919. The WTS knows this is true because they say it is true.

Doug

• Magnum
    Magnum

It seems to me that they don't care about doctrine anymore.

designs: Doctrines and battleing Evangelicals was Big in the 1960s to the late 1990s

If you're referring to JWs, then I agree with you. I remember discussing the Trinity, soul, hellfire, what happens at death, and other doctrinal issues in the ministry and at meetings for service. But no more. It just doesn't seem important to JWs anymore. Not only is it not important, but they mostly lack the ability to discuss such things now. It's all different now.

Doug Mason - to everything in your post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit