* Breaking news * - JW elder (Mark Sewell) found guilty of rape and sexual assaults

by Stealth 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I hope you are not blaming the victims Apog, this creep took advantage of his position of authority to molest innocent victims, he didn't care about the rules, and I doubt they were in a position to protest.

This isn't about the two elders rule, this is about an organization that let a known child molester become an elder.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You can just tell with all these cases that the elders are more concerned about not bringing reproach on gods orginization then really being there to help, if not then why not bring the police in to the matter immediately.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So this guy was DF'd and the re-instated. Was he ever made an Ms or Eldub again??

DD

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Apognophos: 'I think if any lesson can be learned here, it's that women should not be alone with elders.....'

Wow! What a powerful thought.

Let that be a lesson for any married male JW. Make sure you're present if ever the Elders of Jehovah's Witnesses want to take your wife or daughter, for that matter, to the 'back room'!

The Elders, themselves, need supervision....WT says so in print:

'Elders doing shepherding calls also need to exercise caution so as not to be alone with a sister when counseling her'. (W 2/15/93 pg 15 par 15)

Apparently Elders in developed countries (such as the U.S.) can't control their horniness!!!!

I know of a male JW in the Midwest who stole another elders' wife while he himself was married and is now serving in a prominent role (COBE) in the congregation where all this went down and still married to the other elders' wife!

Talk about the need for Elders of Jehovah's Witnesses to excercise caution when being with members of the opposite sex!!!!

I wonder how many juicy and racy extramarital affairs like this WT legal has had to deal with over the years in developed countries alone!

• flipper
    flipper

This scum of the earth needs to have his balls cut off and be locked away in prison with the key thrown away. Glad he got caught. Now they can go catch the hundreds of other JW elders like him. Sick stuff

• happy@last
    happy@last

Not only were these women and children let down before, they will still be treated with disdain and abhorrence by the JWs.

• Listener
    Listener

Why wasn't this guy told by the elders that he must report these crimes to police before they would even consider him for reinstatement as this would demonstrate his remorsefulness and repentence?

• krejames
    krejames

I'm a strong believer that no matter how evil someone has been in the past, they should be given a chance of rehabilitation and forgiven if they are truly sorry, have stopped whatever evil acts they did and tried to make amends. So on that basis I do not blame the WTS for reinstating him if he was genuinely repentant. But this raises questions in my mind. I don't know all the facts of this case but what were his "works befitting repentance"? Did they include telling him to go to the police to confess his crime? Surely that should have been a minimum requirement.

• krejames
    krejames

Sorry Listener! I didn't see your post before writing mine. Good to know we're on the same wavelength!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

There is no doubt in my mind that the way in which child sex abuse was and is been handled is certainly a weakness in the link. Wt if you end up reading this, you have just got admit your mistakes in an open and transparent way, and help those victims that got screwed over. You just have to I'm sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit