Changes to Watchtower publication pictures

by rory-ks 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

All such changes that I've known of were for judicial reasons.

You'd think Holy Spirit would've seen that coming ahead of time and told the GB to choose someone else.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

I accidentally saw one of those lists. Had a list of names, locations, and their status

• matt2414
    matt2414

Guides on the Brooklyn Bethel tours used to tell visitors that the cover of the publications could be changed to target certain audiences. For example, brochures with white people in the pictures would be changed to pictures with black individuals if the publication was to be used in a country where blacks were the dominate race, such as in Africa and certain Caribbean islands. There were even displays of certain magazine issues and brochures along with their various covers, depending on the language and country they would be going to. That being said, I had heard that some pictures would be changed or altered if it was widely known that an individual depicted in a current publication was no longer a Witness.

• DNCall
    DNCall

I can vouch for the information in the video imbedded in A.proclaimer's post.

• DNCall
    DNCall

whathehadas: I was in the audience that day. Remember his intro.? "Shhhhh . . . be very quiet . . . do you hear that sound . . . it's the sound of your heart beating . . . (referring the excitement of being baptized). I guess the excitement wore off for you . . .

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

Thank you, tunnistaja.ee - and everyone for their help in this discussion.

What the hell's going on with this one?

Young People Ask

Does anyone have publication dates on these editions (and better pictures of the ones on the right, if possible.)

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

baptism

Day of Regret on Feb 6, 1999. I'm sure that's the day. Wish I could rewind my ass back into the restroom/changing room and out that mutha*&%#@!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I dontcan dont know how to upload pictures, but I know that the family tract changed as well

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Plaid isn't working out so well. They need to change it to a green polo.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

They are champs at rewriting history, aren't they? They remind me of my grandmother. One time, we were going through her pictures and there were so many photgraphs that were cut in half or had part of it cut out. We asked what happened? That's when we found out that for years, when she got mad at someone, she would go through her pictures and cut them out of every picture they were in! And yes, she was a JW. smh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit