always wondered if they canceled turning fs time slips in what will happen

by dugout 12 Replies latest jw friends

• dugout
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Most JW's would then not have to fake a time slip, and most would do even less F.S than now.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The 'Field Service' activity would wither and die.....There is always something pressing to do in life and dubs are no different to any one else. Look at the "shepherding of the bro's. It is practicly nonexistant because it does not show up on a written report.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

That time reporting is all the corperation has to maintain 'proof' of the tax free status of a charity "giving back to the community". That will NOT be dropped. It is that critical to the tax avoidance.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

hi nonjwspouse, very interesting thing you shared there. Would you mind going into a bit more details? :) I never heard this before.

• dugout
    dugout

Phizzy-right on

BB-interesting

njp-thats crazy

My take is thats its their method of control. They really don't trust the bros to just go out because they want to, rather big bro is always watching you. Right now going from door to door is a formality for show. I mean its very annoying to people, bordering on creeppy. Time consuming. I hate it, always did.never really injoyed it. I ask my wife of 28yrs- baptized in 1976 when was the last time you started a study going from door to door. Blank stare. (exacly) Me personally I dont want to start a study. Short story-I was in FS once working door to door (had stepped off as a elder allready by then) . This uppiddy Elders Wife and young sister was working a door on the second landing of a house, another two sisters didnt see them and started working on the 1st landing. just mentioned to elders wife that they were there because she couldnt see them. She very rudely said out loud oh it doesnt matter!!. Later i just mentioned to her Elder husband, not what she said so much, but how she said it (disrespecful in front of everybody) You Know what he ask me? Who was taking the lead that day? As if to say i had no right to say any thing to her. Ok thats when the street came out. I ask him if someone came up to his wife and smacked her or attacked her Im supposed to go looking for the bro who's taking the lead that day??? Blank Stare (Exacly)

• Ding
    Ding

In effect, FS would become voluntary, not coerced, and the organization can't have that!

• SAHS
    SAHS

Right from the beginning, submitting the time slips has always been a control mechanism to keep people perpetually entangled in the operation of the Watchtower Society (Corporation!). Starting in the January 1, 1882 issue of Pastor Charles Taze Russell’s Watchtower, there was a service report included, but it wasn’t until Joseph Franklin (“Judge”) Rutherford’s reign that it became mandatory for everyone to fill out and submit field service time cards.

But, of course, anything which could be used to, as “nonjwspouse” put it, “ maintain 'proof' of the tax free status of a charity "giving back to the community", ” would be a bonus for them.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Field service is VOLUNTARY, like all JW activities....in theory. In fact, field service is used as a control method as mentioned. It's the ONLY barometer of your "spirituality", nothing else really matters. The "charity" aspect of field-circus is interesting. Is field-circus REALLY the main "charity" of the WTBTS?!?! I believe it. Their only other "charity" is the occasional cash cow of natural disasters and the subsequent insurance pay off.

DD

• J.C.
    J.C.

It's the only gauge fir them as to how a person us doing. If you go 2 hours or less a month .... Need work. If you do 20 hours plus ... Yiu can get away with sexual deviancy and not get questioned. You the good person. Other is bad .... It's really flawed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit