Watchtower 1974 says Jehovah will destroy and disfellowship FAT brothers!!! Half my Cong.

by Witness 007 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

I remember that. Many overweight JWs were upset. Haha

• AnneB
    AnneB

Jesus Christ, what havent they commented on? What hasnt there been a questio from the readers about? I mean, excercise? Chess? Eating too much? Eating too little? What havent the WT given an opinion on? Anyone?

Fabric stores. WT has never commented on the number of hours one can spend in a fabric store. After the fabric store the sisters always stop for a bite to eat.

McDonalds, anyone?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

ADCMS another fine quote. I better throw out my mens fitness magazine. Wolverine was on the cover and I don't want to foster homosexual urges.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Trouble is, the religion itself contributes to fatness. Many people that used to exercise on a regular basis had to give that up to make room for field circus. Too many lose sleep because there is a big fat boasting session in the middle of their "night", particularly those who work nights. Others lose sleep because they are pious-sneering. This can make fatness worse. And stress--from the rules to always being in field circus--can add to the issue.

Beyond time issues, there are so many exercises that are themselves looked down on. I remember someone trying Tae Bo, and it worked--until someone pointed out that it was "martial arts". So much for that. And there is always the one scumbag that is "Who are you trying to impress?" if you try losing weight. Usually those are pious-sneers that are against everything you do to improve yourself. Virtually every exercise that can help you lose weight has its connection with yoga or martial arts, both of which are banned.

This is on top of the pious-sneer diet. When I was in field circus, most of the pious-sneers would stop for fast, good-tasting poison every single day for lunch. They did that to maximize their field circus time. While a Big Mac on special occasions is probably not going to do that much harm, having one every single day for lunch adds up. Throw in the high fructose corn syrup (or aspartame, which is even worse) drinks they have all the time while in field circus, it's a wonder anyone is not fat within that religion. True, on exceptional occasion someone that used to sit on the couch and eat pizza and drink Pepsi all day until going in field circus could lose weight. But the majority of people start having fat problems, or regaining past weight, once they start wasting their time and/or cutting back on "martial arts" exercise.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Bullshit says Mark Sanderson member of the GB , that was old light, I like eating as you can tell,

I'dont eat much at the Bethel Cafeteria, food there is bland and boring, I eat out at my favorite local restaurants.

Hey I'm at least 50 ponds over weight and no one says shit to me because I'm a GB member, now thats what

I call power, got to love it.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

it may have long been the case that fatties are not allowed to be used at a$$emblies, but when was this ever printed in the witchtower or the Kingdumb Misery?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Jesus Christ, what havent they commented on? What hasnt there been a questio from the readers about?

*** Watchtower August 15, 2014, p.31 ***

Questions From Readers

"How far inside my ear am I allowed to go using a Q-Tip?"

"While Q-Tips are not specifically mentioned in the Bible*, we can gain valuable insights on this most important matter from principles found in the Law to Israel. Furthermore, when Jesus was on earth....."

* please see WT, June 1, 1965, Questions from Readers, "Q-Tips: are they for Christians?"; WT, January 15, 1951, Questions from Readers: "What is god's view on eyebrow waxing?"; WT May 15, 1972, Questions from Readers, "Is it morally acceptable to eat pizza with a fork?"

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Don't you just love these little hidden gems that have been lost in time? It's great to keep track of those, when you confront a witness and tell them that the Watchtower says that God will kill fat people and they don't believe you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit