New DVD review

by Laika 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I think of this DVD like a car crash. You pass one and know you shouldn't look at it, but somehow you just can't help it!

i don't want to watch it, but at the same time I just HAVE to see it and react to its confronting horror!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

How does one become a mechanical engineer with a good job and an expensive house without going to college?

• Laika
    Laika

Konceptual, he states in the video he became a JW in his mid-20s. Assumingly after college, then.

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

"decency is the boundary for tolerance.", says dad 28min
    Haha, yeah. Because keeping (and protecting!) and promoting pedos in the congregation via internal memos and secret elder handbook rules doesn't contradict the article, "Let us Abhor what is wicked" from 1997. Right?
    Good lord, how many times did I defend this godforsaken Watchtower corporation by quoting that lying-ass article?
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/183245/1/Let-Us-Abhor-What-Is-Wicked

What guy is gonna tell a girl who he's currently on a date with, referring to her as person "x", and that he also has girl(s) "y" and "z" he's seeing over the next couple of days? 32min

"it's sinking in that what the kids need most isn't money or things. They need us fully involved in their lives." 37min
    Yup. Every teenager's dream is More Parental Involvement. Never independence and finding their own individuality.

how long is Noah's ark? 300 cubits. 39min
    18 inches = one cubit
    300 x 18 = 5400inches
    5400" ÷ 12 = 450 feet
    450' ÷ 3 = 150 yards
    Noah's ark was 150 yards long
    List of world's longest ships:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world's_longest_ships "Seawise Giant" was 500 yards long.

'decisions you make effects everyone around you, not just yourself' 49min
    Yeah. Getting involved with a CULT cuts you off from unbelieving family. Involvement isolates you from people who genuinely care and are concerned about your spiraling inside of a cult. Better nip that in the bud, too. Don't make any friends unless they direct you to the doors of the KH. That way shunning works. Sssshhh. We don't practice shunning. *turns back on you*

"it can be a compass if you let it" 52min
    how can the bible be a "compass" when it wasn't written as a whole book, but rather individual texts, letters and notations? Also christianity was illegal for centuries until the "Edict of Milan". February 313AD. Some "compass"!
    Mark 12:30 - you must love [Jehovah] your god... 52min
    Left out the "love your neighbor as yourself" part. But that script negates shunning, sooo... out it goes.

Ugh. 53 minutes is as much as I can take of this puke-fest.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

This video is a primer for the death of all your hopes and dreams and the beginning of self righteousness.

Anyone notice how white this whole video was?

Interestingly enough they do not include how admired this family would be by the other Witnesses. Thier freedom would be envied by most witnesses.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It needs to be given to the media for them to rip into!

In fact, anyone in the community would watch it and say "what the hell is this cult?"

• Laika
    Laika

Once, good point, in JW world this family would have been considered materialistic and spiritually weak (until the end of the movie) This would have hurt their JW social life, but of course this issue was never raised in the film.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Konceptual, he states in the video he became a JW in his mid-20s. Assumingly after college, then.

That'll learn me for not watching the whole thing.

Once, good point, in JW world this family would have been considered materialistic and spiritually weak (until the end of the movie) This would have hurt their JW social life, but of course this issue was never raised in the film.

Bizarrely every single domestic situation used in WT videos presents a materially well off family yet we all know how these are looked down on unless they are those uber families that do everything spiritually. And entertain COs. On their boat/fast cars/helicoptors.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The moral imperative they're trying to make in this video is that if you spend more time focusing

on outside secular matters not involving being brainwashed by the lies and ignorance of the Watchtower

Corporation, you'll become less spiritual and more likely to be killed by Jehovah at the soon to come

judgment day.

• outinthemeadows
    outinthemeadows

It was painful to watch lol. Marcus finds out his dad is a murderer (something shuned by Jehovah's Witnesses) and have you noticed how racist it was? When Rebecca was talking to her worldly boyfriend by a locker at school this black came over and told him "move". Then later on Marcus got some nastiness from some other blacks at the recording studio. Not so much open minded and tollerance there lol. I know many black people aren't they are normally very friendly. But on here, except for the elder and his wife, they were what I would call "nasty niggers". I thought that was pretty disgusting.

The part that really disgusted me was how that father Thomas was bloodguilty of killing his own fleshly brother in a "muscle car" which to me looked like a 1975 Ford Capri gear lol.

Oh and one other thing......how many witness families do you know who live in a six billion dollar mansion with soft top sports cars and a garden with room for a racecourse? Not many I can tell you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit