International Convention East Rutherford, NJ 2014

by wannabefree 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Listen ... Obey ... and be Blessed! Has this become the official cult Watchtower theme song?

Here is a video making the rounds on Facebook. Doesn't it just give you goose bumps and make you all teary eyed? Obey

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1416093285345344&set=vb.100008340580326&type=2&theater

And an interview on channel 12 news ...

International Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses Channel 12 Interview from Volunteer Service on Vimeo.

• factfinder
    factfinder

marked

• granada35
    granada35

It sure is interesting that at the end of the page it states that the comment section has been disabled by the owner of this video. I wonder why????? I guess this will become more common.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

No wonder this interview is popular among JWs. And for them it is a truly big event and I guess this talk show sequence really makes them genuinely proud.

• Laika
    Laika

That interview was nauseating.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The hostess of the show seemed like she was a JW and soft pedaling with their script.

Clearly no serious questions about JWs in the news, such as Cantice Conti, or shunning issues in Finland.

Or is that stuff just "in the news" for us.............does anyone else know or care?

• factfinder
    factfinder

This IC is very big news for witnesses and the attendence in Rutherford was over 140,000!

I'd guess witnesses have no clue about the conte case, or the shunning issues in Finland. Probably will never hear about it or pay any attention to it.

My jw brother would say it was made up by the media which is run by Satan anyway.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Trying to make the facebook video clickable (as if anybody really wants to see it) as in all of the pictures and videos i have seen, for some reason the huge jw.org banners look so cultish and idolatrous, they sure are going to town with that and JW's are running with it.

Listen, OBEY, and be Blessed ... video in Facebook

• factfinder
    factfinder

They do keep posting that jw.org icon everywhere. It is their symbol. The watchtower icon will fade away, replaced by jw.org. Probably kh signs will feature it soon too and it will probably show up on the all the branch bldgs.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Attendance at East Rutherford on Saturday was 57,120 and 447 were baptized.

On Friday about 54,000 attended.

No figure for Sunday from article.

This coming weekend Spanish convention there.

140,000 figure sister gave me must have included attendence at other cities tied in?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit