Anyone Attend a Spanish RC yet this Year ???

by RubaDub 5 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

We have 2 scheduled here in South Florida in Spanish but they are at the end of July and first week of August.

Just wondering if they have GB tie-ins with translators or just the standard talks.

I can't wait to go ... lol.

Rub a Dub

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

The Spanish international convention in Houston had that Jackson dude. The translator sucked and even the old dude got frustrated in the beginning.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

There is also a Spanish convention at Germain Arena in Fort Myers this coming weekend. I know because my coworker who is a JW and doesn't know I used to be one is attending.

HappyDad

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I got a message from someone who attended a Spanish convention. Apparently they are not releasing a Spanish version of the Silver Bible, but they are releasing some of the introductory and index material associated with it. They are also releasing a rather wierd DVD that shows a young woman dying and then coming back (in the body she had when she died) sometime when the New World is established. The contributor stated that everyone was in tears.

Very short and brief, but basically said the whole thing was "a bit wierd and off-putting. Much of it seemed very illogical, like they were trying to get us to really believe a fairy tale."

I'd say they've been doing that for over 100 years - and have been somewhat successful at it.

JV

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

I have to agree with Juan Viejo2(Hilarious name by the way), They did introduced that index material and to say the whole thing was a bit weird is an understatement.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

If anyone can post copies, I will host the files and post a magnet link. That way no DMCA takedown can reach it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit