MAD MAX FURY ROAD

by TerryWalstrom 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jwleaks
  • DJS
    DJS

I've read it is very good and that Ms. Theron rocks. But Terry, "One second of onscreen activity has more interesting business happening than two hours spent by a voyeur in a nudist colony of Playboy bunnies."

I worked for this company for a decade (as an independent contractor) as one of my many second jobs. Hyperbole aside, I would have to say that nothing compares. Still, I'm looking forward to the movie. Thanks.

• Generation Me
    Generation Me

--Warning: Contains Spoilers!!!--

I watched this movie last night as well. It was great and I loved it! It was exciting and action filled. Great car chases and it keeps you on the edge of your seat.

I actually found a lot of comparisons to how that society was ran in the movie to how the actual Watchtower runs. There we many references I found connecting the Watchtower with Immortan Joe. Here is a quick rundown on my comparisons.

Immortan Joe: Is worshiped, served and as seen as the society's redeemer. Redemption is not found outside servitude of Immortan Joe.

Watchtower: The men of the Watchtower are worshiped, served and as seen as a necessity for redemption. Redemption cannot be found outside your dedication and loyalty to these men.

Immortan Joe: Gives necessary life saving water to the masses to keep them controlled and dependent on Immortan Joe. Without Immortan Joe you do not have water and there for no life.

Watchtower: Withholds family and loved ones from those who rebel from believing that redemption is found through the Watchtower only. Family is kept from them to control the masses and keep them dependent on the Watchtower.

Immortan Joe: Oppresses woman and limits who they are as "things" or breeders and milkers basically for his own selfish needs. Immortan Joe does not drink second class gross water like the masses but high quality mothers milk that's been stolen from oppressed individuals closer to "the top."

Watchtower: Oppresses woman and treats and views them as objects to be controlled and dominated. Woman have been beaten and molested by the "higher ups" just like the Immortan Joe woman are suppressed by the "higher ups" and nothing is done about it because the Watchtower protects the oppressor instead of the oppressed.

Immortan Joe: Uses non-serving humans as blood bags to keep his loyal servants alive. Those not loyal to Immortan Joe are oppressed and treated like slaves as they do not have redemption through Immortan Joe.

Watchtower: Insults and attacks those not loyally keeping their redemption through Watchtower. People according to the publications including disfellowshipped, apostates, those not serving the anointed, children of goats, and those not fully relying and serving the 7 men in New York have no redemption and therefor are treated as second class or even treated as satanic or "dead" by the loyal followers.

Immortan Joe: Has his loyal followers working for him as a privilege and fighting for him with lives ending with death. The greatest one can accomplish is serve Immortan Joe and die for him with full loyalty. To talk directly to him or take orders from him is considered a great honer. (Nux)

Watchtower: Has loyal followers preaching and doing labor jobs like building Kingdom Halls and maintaining headquarters. The greatest honer one can accomplish is dying for refusing a blood transfusion and staying loyal to the Watchtower. To talk directly to the 7 men running Watchtower is a great honer.

Immortan Joe: Has rebels that pretend to be "in" and working loyally for him while at the same time working against everything Immortan Joe commands and orders. This is done in secret as teaming up with "outsiders" is a "no, no" as Imperator Furiosa quoted "I must be seen alone" so hiding the wives and Max was necessary as to appear to remaining loyal.

Watchtower: Has apostates that pretend that they are "in" and serving loyally the Watchtower while at the same time preaching against everything the Watchtower stands for and orders the masses to do. This is done in secret and being seen with other apostates or disfellowshipped ones is a big no-no to keep up the appearance of loyalty.

Immortan Joe: Is taken down along with the society he runs by a few teamed up rebels. Many who were being oppressed by Immortan Joe are free from his oppression and society and the people have a chance to rebuild.

Watchtower: It's speculated that the Watchtower may be brought down by so many apostates and those who are "out" and still remaining "in" and appearance of loyally serving may bring down the Watchtower slowly. It's the apostates teamed up with "undercover" apostates and wordlys not falling for Immortan Joe....I mean Watchtowers message of who redemption comes from that may play a big part of ultimately damage the Watchtower. .

To top off of some of my connections with the Watchtower and Immortan Joe through out the movie Imperator Furiosa would of died from blood loss at the end of the movie but was saved by Max giving her a life saving blood transfusion. After all my Watchtower connections that scene was the cherry on top! I don't know if anyone else noticed these things but these are just a few connections from Mad Max and the Watchtower that I have made.

I recommended everyone go see that movie! It's fast moving with lots of action! You won't be falling asleep to this movie. Two thumbs up!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I haven't seen it yet (shame, shame), but the trailers alone are f**king insane.

Miller's already planning out the next one.

x

Mel Gibson apparently showed up unannounced at the Hollywood premier.

Wouldn't it be a kick in the balls if Mad Mel cameoed as Max's long-lost dad in Mad Max: The Wasteland?

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    This movie was in development FOREVER. In fact, it was in development so long, Mel was originally going to return as the titular character. Unfortunately he went nuts so those plans were scrapped.
  • Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

I amazed that in all the reviews I have read, no one, I mean NO ONE, has mentioned the tribute to "The Cars that Ate Paris" that is in the first part of this movie. A tip of the hat from one Aussie filmmaker to another, I suppose.

• Vidiot
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Weird; I don't know what happened, just then.

As I was trying to say to Barrold Bonds, I didn't refer to him as "Mad Mel" for nothing. :wink:

And to Captain Schmideo2, thanks; I'll keep my eyes open for that bit. :thumbsup:

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Tel, you liked it then? What a great review. It's got to be on my big screen list.
  • TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I don't know what sort of relationship Gibson and Miller may or may not have--but--it might have revived Mel's stagnant career.

If I had to guess, I'd say with all the money riding on this one, George Miller dared not risk the public ill will Mel Gibson has accrued due to his public drunken rants about "Jews."

Not to worry--this is Charlize's flick for the most part. Mel would have seemed tired and puffy alongside her in his post-alcoholic apocalyptic condition.

I can't believe I didn't see it in 3-D. But, I couldn't get in. Seats were sold out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit