Wimbledon!

by Laika 10 Replies latest social physical

• Laika
    Laika

Starts today! Now that England have slightly spoiled my world cup with their early failure, I am focusing a little more on the tennis. I happen to live 15 minute walk from the Wimbledon tennis courts so am completely caught up in the atmosphere, I will be joining the queue with a friend Thursday night, camping out for the ticket queue early Friday morning. :) I'm very excited!

Murray is having a good start but his form's not been the same since his injury and I don't think he'll win again, sadly. I'm going Nadal for the men's and Sharapova for the ladies.

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

I have always been a big fan of Roger. I think he is past his prime which is sad. That being said I love to watch Murrey play. I became a fan a few years ago when he almost won Wimbleton and lost in the finals Only to come back a month latter and win the olympics games there for singles. He seems like a nice guy too. I'm with you on Sharapova, although there may be reasons I like her that have nothing to do with her athletic abilities.

• cofty
    cofty

Good luck with getting tickets for Friday. I hope you have a great day at Wimbledon.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Tickets for Wimbledon and the empty seats.

Sad that those tickets are sold for corporate business, and the networking TENTS outside the courts. ( companies buy advertising space and tickets are thrown in, so empty seats)

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

You realize our summer ends at the start of Wimbledon week??

Keep the Pimms flowing though.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Being that American tennis is pretty much dead, I'll probably be rooting for Andy Murray to defend his title.

Seriously, where is the next great American men's player? No one picked up the mantle after Sampras and Agassi retired.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

The world needs another John McEnroe. My hero.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Murray has that lack of consistancy that plagues so many British sportspeople. He played well in the Olympics but frankly was lucky with Nadal being out and Federer getting beat early on last year. His head to head record with Nadal is poor and I think he will have to beat him in the final to win it this year. Not only that but there is a good chance he would have to be Djokovic in the semis as well. He certainly has the talent but does he have the consistency to win it again? Heart says yes. Head says no.

• Laika
    Laika

What a final! Shame Federer couldn't pull it off.

What I love about tennis is how the top players all seem such cool people. Rare in sport.

• not bitter
    not bitter

I've just won £50 in the sweepstake in work. Lucky me I picked Djokovic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit