by Old Goat 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quendi
    Quendi

Thanks, Old Goat, for sharing these details. The only "history" of the organization's early years I've read was the 1975 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses and we all know how unreliable and biased it is.

Quendi

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks Old Goat. I appreciate your thoughtful and documented replies and am chastened that some of my views of what constituted Second Adventism have proved incorrect. One of my best chidlhood friends was a 7th-Day Adventist who kindly supplied me with his church's own history of the Second Adventist movement which it turns out was likely "airbrushed" (I acknowledge that the 7th-Day Adventist Church is not a "pure" offshoot of Second Adventism).

• DT
    DT

Does anybody know if there are any plans of releasing A Separate Identity on Kindle?

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

DT, last I heard they were discussing formats. You might contact one of the authors through their history blog and ask. I think they're working through a contract with an Italian publisher for translation and publication right now. But I dont' know for certain.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Old Goat:

None of those doctrines are unique to Adventism and were borrowed from British Literalist belief.

I had great delight in announcing (in a previous class) that I thought I was the only "Arian believer" in the university.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit