How to plant the seed and create some serious cognitive dissonance??

by Bells 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bells
    Bells

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions. I think 'sincere questioning' is a good idea and is something think about. My in-laws are pretty hard core and I believe that they will be in for life - and as much as i want to 'live and let live' I know that they would treact me a lot better if they werents JWs (or I was) - and I also believe that they would be happier overall if they weren't - there is just so much negativity, focus on anything bad happening in the world. - everything seems to be a sign that Armageddon is imminent - they close their eyes to anyone doing anything positive - unless the are a JW of course..

I guess that I probably just need to keep my mouth shut and not have anymore time with them than I absolutely have to. We don't have kids yet, but are planning to soon hopefully, so no doubt that will bring up a whole new range of issues!

this bloody cult!!!!!!!!!! :(

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

We made fun of Jim and Tammy Faye and the Fake Judge was driving two cars worth $160,000 (present day dollar valuation) while families were standing in Soup Lines. These are cars men like JP Morgan, rich Old Money were driving, not some punk ass Con Man Religious Hack!

The Judge built a Mansion and bragged on Print, JWs sold their farms and homes Pre-1925 and lived in Tent-Cars while Joe Blow Rutherford was living like a god!

Think of the old Gallo Wine Commerical, "We Will Sell No Wine Before It's Time", that's how it works with JWs. Nobody is going to realize it's the Long Con until they realize there is "loving brotherhood", people at the Kingdom Halls are self-serving and users. Elders and their wives share Judicial Confidential Matters with the entire family.

I meet another JW who left the Organization years ago, we reconnected and it took him five years from his first major doubt-shocker before the Fade began. You would think being a very special pioneer would merit much attention and "love bombing", nope! They allowed him to leave without any fuss.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I always hear talking doctrine won't work and its all about emotion, I disagree. I think if one talks doctrine and can show plainly its wrong then it will work to get ones thinking. Many who talk doctrine without success I believe are not very good at it or their argument is too vague or the subject is too complicated. But I believe if you can show ones a scripture that shows that the ORg is wrong and keep it simple that's how things start to fall apart. I have yet to do this with anyone but I was able to plant some seeds in to a friends mind and after he woke a bit the truth about the bible made him wake up and become convinced faster. I hope to try more of a strait to the point approach with wrong teachings in the near future...

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Never ever discuss WT doctrine......it will only activate the cognitive dissonance. If you question WT doctrine you are a agent of Satan, and thereby an evil person and a liar.

I f cult members were capable of rational thinking (about dogma) there would not be any cults.

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

If you HAVEN'T ever been a JW, you can trick them into doing reasearch that stumps them.

For instance, say that you went to your LIBRARY (don't say online, or it's apostates), and saw that it's an archeaological impossibility that the Israelites came from Egypt and wandered around the desert and then made a great Kingdom, but that EVERY BIT OF EVIDENCE shows that they came from a smal ltribe and combined other parts of other religions to make their own.

Or get them to get you an creation/evolution book (say that you believe in evolution), then say you googled their citations and sources IN THE BOOK, and that the book misquoted, misrepresented, and lied about those sources, and "why would they do that?!" "Look it up yourself if you don't believe me, it's all directly available!" Get outraged about the religion blatantly lying and concealing context to obscure points, ask why someone would do that, and make it sound like you're sincerely offended, and then don't talk to them for a while.

Us people that were actually -in- the religion can't criticize it or we're branded as apostates. However, people that are "interested" can do things like counter what they read, forcing the witnesses to do the same research we've done to cause us to stop believing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit