JW honored for civic service

by Mum 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mum
    Mum
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Maybe it is just my computer, but I am not seeing anything except a list...

• Mum
    Mum

At the top of the list is a Search box. Type in Jehovah's Witnesses, and a short list will come up. Click on the item entitled "Jehovah's Witness Honored for . . "

• snowbird
    snowbird

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/johnson-city-tn/T1R9M88GBACN79LMO

I see the chickens are flocking home to roost.

The hypocrisy of the WT's stance on everything is becoming more and more apparent.

Look out Watch Tower!

Your days are getting shorter and shorter.

• designs
    designs

So was this guy representing the entire Wt. organization.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Of course not.

But, he's the go to guy for WT in the region.

That article really calls WT on the carpet for its anti-everything views, doesn't it?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

From the "comments" section:

According to a 5-14-2013 news article published in the JONESBOROUGH HERALD & TRIBUNE, local JEHOVAH'S WITNESS LEADER, James Kenneth Ross, president of Jonesborough's Ken Ross Architects , Inc., was recently honored at a meeting of the Johnson City/Jonesborough/ Washington County Chamber of Commerce. Ken Ross is the local tri-cities area Representative for the Brooklyn, New York-based WATCHTOWER CULT.

According to the HERALD & TRIBUNE article, the Chamber of Commerce honored Ross for being the local person responsible for bringing multiple WATCHTOWER CULT District and Circuit conventions to Johnson City for "more than 25 years".
    Readers should be aware that there are unanswered questions as to the terms of the multiple unpublicized contracts over the years, as well as questions as to whether the WATCHTOWER CULT has received any FINANCIAL SUBSIDIES from any local governmental entity as its incentive for making members in Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia travel all the way to Johnson City to attend their own state's conventions. Some of these concerns have been voiced in other local TOPIX threads.

Interestingly, according to the website for Ken Ross Architects, Inc., their firm has been employed by the WATCHTOWER SOCIETY to design multiple multi-million dollar projects across the United States. These include a $10,000,000.00 project in Maryland; a $10,000,000.00 project in Arizona; and a $8,000,000.00 project in Georgia. Similar projects in Colorado, Texas, and South Carolina are also referenced

And there you have it. WT always honors loyal JWs who bring money into the Org; local government honors JWs who bring money to the local economy.

While WT categorically condemns every JW who pursues 'material advantage' in this life, it simultaneously has no problem with a JW who uses their money/influence to promote the WT's interests.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Amen.

My nephew is pursuing a PhD at Harvard, and the local congregation uses him shamelessly to promote WT interests.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

snowpird - "The hypocrisy of the WT's stance on everything is becoming more and more apparent."

They've taken "double standards" to an art form, that's for sure.

• Mum
    Mum

Ken Ross was a born-in, or a convert in childhood. His parents split up, and he was reared in the projects. His mom was a housekeeper for a local doctor, who sent a chauffeur to the projects every day to take her to work. His sister also married a non-JW, a professional for the state of TN. He was a JW when he went to college. The first time I met him, I told him I had gone to college for two years. He said he had gone to college, and was apologetic about it. He also had married a "worldly" woman and converted her. He had a way of speaking that was rather "wooden," and his pronunciation was very precise. He was actuallly a nice guy. Clearly, he was ambitiious, a good thing outside the WT world.

He was not an elder at that time. He was the school servant, whcih probably means he was an MS.

Good for him for flouting the WT and yet remaining in their good graces!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit