How Did "Shepherding Calls" Go For You?

by minimus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

They always made me feel bad about myself, that I was a charity case and "spiritually weak". The elders never came around and complimented me when I was doing well, it was always when there was a perceived problem, or to put me in the pioneer assist program (another way to make me feel like I was low status).

I was never encouraged.

CHG

• minimus
    minimus

Many of the people we would visit would bake cookies, cake or some dessert for us. I always tried to encourage people and that way I knew I might be able to get another goody if we went back.

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

Minimus:

(I think you have two exact same threads, by the way!)

the other one:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/280897/1/How-Did-Shepherding-Calls-Go-For-You

• Mum
    Mum

No shepherding calls for me. I moved to the other end of the country. One sister, to whom I had been very close, sent me a hate letter. Later on, I went back to the town where my congregation was. I didn't get shepherding calls, but harassing phone calls. Good! Woke me up!

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

In all my time as a JW (almost 40 years) I can recall three shepherding visits:

1. To discuss my questionable choice of music and my attending a hard-rock concert and subsequently deleting me.

2. To instruct us to keep our child quiet at meetings and instruct us to not spare the rod - we told the elders to leave.

3. During our fade to understand why our meeting attendance was minimal and why we had become inactive.

There were kind and loving elders, but as we were generally the average family without problems, I understood that they had their busy lives.

• minimus
    minimus

The Ipad is the problem! I double clicked a new thread twice by mistake. (Sorry about the duplicate thread).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit