Was Job's kids resurrected?

by bruh2012 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

Job was part of the congregation book study discussion this week (talking about Jehovahs regenerative power) in that he knew that God will ressurect him if he remained faithful.

How ironic though that Jobs kids were not resurrected, Gods choose to bless him with 7 "more" boys and 3 "more" girls.

The lesson said God has a yearning to resurrect people that wasn't the case with Job's children.

This may not be a big deal but it makes me wonder how true this could be the WT teaching on people coming back in the resurrection with new bodies

with their old personality like Jesus did with the Apostles on the beach after his resurrection so they could reconize him.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The interesting thing about the end of "Job" is that he gets twice everything he had before (livestock, etc.) except he gets the same number of (new) kids. The Society says that this actually supports the resurrection hope because in the new system, Job will have twice the number of kids he had before. So God did double the number of his children after all, in the long run.

As far the basis for believing that people could be resurrected, there are nine other resurrections in the Bible besides Jesus' own resurrection.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I believe that the book was written to a people that didnt believe in a resurrection.

Apog:- i think the bible mentions more than 9 resurrections. In matthew at Jesus death the tombs open and the dead saints and prophets come alive.Funnily enough this stupendouse event escaped, Mark, Luke and Johns attention.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

new hope: I know what you're saying, but at the link I provided, the resurrection of saints is counted as one resurrection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit