New video release at district convention. Do Jws live like this?

by solomon 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The financial situation of JWs in the US varies greatly.

The US has extreme differences in economics from city to city, city to rural areas, and especially from State to State.

In our old circuit in the Midwest USA, there are families that are millionaires and live in a homes worth nearly $1million. They are the extreme exception. Only a small percentage of all homes in this area sell for close to $1million. They owned a successful business before being converted into the religion.

There are also families that live in a used mobile home that cost $1000-$5000 to buy, plus $200/month rent for where they park the mobile home in a mobile home court. They are also exceptions. Most people in the community, and most JWs do not live this humbly.

There are also those that live in a 2-bedroom apartment that pay $700-$800/month rent (plus utilities). Especially young couples start off this way.

The "average" person in our former congregation has a 3-bedroom house (probably most are still paying a mortgage) that is worth $100,000 to $200,000. In most middle class families the husband and wife both work (at least the woman works part time cleaning homes) and they are earning $50,000-$100,000 annually. Most of the men are blue-collar workers, typically construction work. In major midwestern cities these jobs are still Union Jobs and it is typical to earn $50,000 annually. Carpenters. Plumbers. Electricians. Welders.

However, in much of the metropolitan areas of the East or West Coast, a house costing $500,000 to $1million is not that unusual, though still not average. So, the variety of comments vary so greatly depending on the region of the US, and if it is a metropolitan area or rural area.

I also think the average JW has changed drastically in the past 20 years. Most are no longer sacrificing as did their parents. They are both working, they are buying nice homes or building new homes, they have 2 nice cars, and most are taking vacations, some very nice vacations. Although the US citizen is not getting 6-weeks vacation time like much of Europe seems to get. More than one or two weeks vacation is very unusual in the US. Many do not get a paid vacation but must take the time off without pay.

BTW -- I assumed that the wealthy JW family in the video was probably depicting a materialistic family that had not been living with the right priorities in their lives. Is that not the case? I haven't had the opportunity to see it, and not sure I'm really wanting to run right out and do that anyway.

Doc

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The family in the video lived happily ever after! How realistic in an actual JW household that has problems with multiple teenagers is that?

As for the 7,000 or 8,000 square foot mansion which looked liked was on a couple of acres of land....the end of the video shows them selling it and down sizing into maybe something smaller like a 4,000 or 5,000 square foot mini-mansion still worth close to a million or so....I'll bet!

Again the answer to this thread is.....No! A high percentage of JWs don't live like this! They live in less lavish but rather small, cramped quarters.

And most JW families with the type of family problems depicted in this video are not as easily resolved and do not end soooo happy!

There's a good reason why WT keeps putting out videos on family life.....it's because JW families are flooded with issues. Many of these issues are teenage kid related.

And did you notice at the end when dad and mom were working out their budget that is suppose to help them downsize....WT made it a point to include donations to the WT in their expenditures!!!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

And did you see how immaculate Thomas Roman's (the JW father) garage is. Most guys would kill to have a garage like that!

Fact is most JW garages (elders included) are messy, dirty with oil stained floors and used mainly for storage; that, if it is say...a two-car garage you will only barely fit one car in them. Thomas' garage was a dream!

So if the props and the setting are fake in the video it stands to reason that the individuals and their lives, as well as the outcomes are fake!

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

I loved the way the Biotch JW girl broke up with her boy friend. My my my my. Rude. Also very unrealistic.

pretty sure he would slam the door in all the faces of witnesses to come to his door after that. it seemed as though she was letting her best friend get her walking papers too... right before he got there.

missing from this film:

Other witness kids to be their new friends.... Why? Because there aren't any, not unless they are home schooled and very weird or truly so double lived they are offering your kid mushrooms in their backyard. There are none.

those are my true experiences above.

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

For anyone interested in one of the main elders who works on this tripe please see my post... Video department.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit