Finally learned how to live the REAL real life

by forest heathen 26 Replies latest jw friends

• forest heathen
    forest heathen

Someone suggested I post an introductory thread. So this is it.

Hi Everyone!

I am a married, rather young grandma of four precious rugrats, ages 2-9. I guess our only child son and his only child wife didn't want their own kids to be "onlies". My other half and I married rather young (18 &22) and will be celebrating 31 years together this summer.

I am sort of ADD, keep thinking I am still 28, love my husband now more than ever, and am so glad I woke up and left the crazy cult.

My husband and I began studying months after marrying and then decided to take the dunk. In the 18 years we were "in" we really were sincere and wanted to help people live forever. My husband went from MS to elder. Conducted the book study in our home. Never shared any of the private meeting stuff with me or others, and auxliary pioneered when he could. I was the perfect elderette. I pioneered. Took our son out in service with me until he began school. I often worked alone at the doors when an "odd out" publisher showed up or worked with the sister no one wanted to work with. Our son was baptized as a teen and was soon being groomed for MS. We had begun homeschooling him, so he often took the group out during the week. He was the substitute reader at our book study (still in our home), and helped with stage/sound and the magazine counter.

We moved around quite a bit (from TX to CA to NV) due to the job situation. I think our last move was the best, because it began our fade. Maybe we were just tired ... maybe it was too much effort to block our individual doubts. After moving to Nevada, within two years, we faded .... all three of us .... pretty much around the same time. We each had our own doubts and questions. We'd never discussed them. We didn't even discuss our fading, it was almost as though we telepathically agreed to it.

Since leaving, I finished getting my two year degree. My husband took some college courses. But now we work together at a great paying job that is actually a lot of fun. Our son at age 18 became a firefighter, but his true calling was law enforcement. He joined the military, had two deployments to Afghanistan and is a peace officer. Luckily our wonderful son does not resent us raising him in "the religion". We don't really have any bad feelings toward them really. It was a religious path that worked for us ... and then didn't.

We now completely embrace the pagan practices of Samhain (Halloween) and Yule (Christmas) as well as birthdays with our son and his family. We vote and are registered organ donors. I

Once I took the blinders off, I saw the world was not awful. People are basically kind. For all the bad in the world ... there is just as much good.

I've always loved writing, magic, and fairies ... and had to deny myself these passions. I began writing and completed a young adult fantasy series and am published! I am not rich or famous ... but getting those itty bitty royalty checks felt good! I am still writing and waiting to be discovered ... .

My favorite quote is from Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt "Do not fear death, but rather the unlived life. You do not need to live forever. You just need to live."

And now I am living like I mean it!

~ Forest Heathen

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Great story FH. Congrats on getting published. My daughter who is at university wants to write those kind of books too. So glad you are finally living the way you want to.

Xan x

• jgnat
    jgnat

Feels great, doesn't it?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good for you and yours!

• galaxie
    galaxie

Wonderful.hope lifes journey is kind to you and yours.

Best wishes.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Nice to hear from another heathen. Being in touch w nature is part of the real life.

S

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Great to hear your story F.H.. Did any of your old JW friends from Texas, California or Nevada, wonder what ever happened to you guys? It must have come as quite a shock to them to find out you faded, especially since you were sound like you were the ideal Witness family. Any interesting tales to tell in that regard?

• flipper
    flipper

FOREST HEATHEN- Very nice to have you here on the board ! Good for you that you are living like you mean it ! Fantastic . That's the best favor we can do for ourselves after being in a mind control cult like the Witnesses for so long- is to treat ourselves well and pursue the interests that were stolen from us over the years. After 44 years in the J-dubs from birth I exited 11 years ago and am now involved in playing music and writing songs . It's a wonderful thing that I've added to my life in the last 3 years. I'm happy for you. Keep on thinking and being free ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• clarity
    clarity

That is quite a marvelous statement...

"And now I am living like I mean it!

Huge welcome to you Forest & congratulations

for your success! Hope you stay with us.

clarity

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

forest heathen! So glad to read about you, thank you for writing your story and Welcome to my favorite website in the whole world!

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit