Official Website for Detroit International Convention

by Red Piller 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Not sure if this has been posted:

http://detroitdelegates.org/

It's pretty interesting, I think. A lot to analyze.

My take -I noticed the glorification of "worldly" things in the "Artwork" section. Vey Un-JW...

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Didn't Satan provide the worldly things?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

There are a total of 65,000 seats in the stadium.

Slightly more than 35,000 JWs attended.

So why does the photo on the website show a stadium at 100% capacity??

Dumbass JWs have to misrepresent everything.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Like the Atlanta video it reads like an advertisement for Detroit. Note the focus on food (craft beer!) and activities (Motown). When I was in the religion, conventions were all about the spiritual food. Now they are being billed as "the time of your life" Summer vacation.

The speculation that the Society received huge subsidies from the cities in return for tourism/advertising is making sense. This is a similar play as when they linked up with the UN and started running more favorable (or neutral) articles in the Awake!

Wait and see if Atlanta and Detroit start having spotlights in the Awake! tract6 or on JW.ORG.

• Mandette
    Mandette

They had a gay pride festival that weekend in the "D" too. Hopefully all the delegates went down(snort) after the sessions and had some fun!

:D

M

• Mandette
    Mandette

And I love all the scenes of Detroit flashing by with "Keep Seeking First the Kingdom" on the bottom. Funny stuff!

• HBH
    HBH

donut, you don't need to speculate, here is one small whisleblower example. If it wasn't profitable, they wouldn't do it. Just like they dropped farming, much cheaper to feed people with mass produced food industry. Corperate Cult.

HBH

• LogCon
    LogCon

This is very weird.

I viewed the Detroit Convention website and as the slideshow was forwarding it came to the sisters holding up the DE TR OI T letters accompanied with flowers. I thought to myself,' If they asked the sisters in Vancouver to do that, they would spit up a hair ball.' Just then the next picture came up of two sisters with placards with the words 'United in a split up world.' I thought, '..does it say SPIT UP WORLD?' The mind sure can play with you. Of course it did not say SPIT but SPLIT.

Weird eh?

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Wow...how commerical....

Things sure have changed in JW land

CHG

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

International delegates from three countries? hmm Canada, mexico, and wonder what the third is... maybe they count USA as a country?

I see even in that picture of what looked like more than 33+K since the stadium holds 65k according to NDCMS, that there are many empty seats in the front area.

That picture is so orweillian looking to me. creepy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit