Idiotic WT reasoning for birthdays

by Batman89 13 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

yes EoM, the faulty reasoning on one subject, just opens the doors on so many other subjects!

The whole doctrine structure just falls apart when 'reasoning' is used.....

• trebor
    trebor

Idiotic is putting it nicely. Think the Bible places birthdays in unfavorable light...How about pets? Specifically dogs.

Let's see how dogs are often viewed, whom they are associated with and are they appropriate then for Jehovah's Witnesses?

Straight from their 2013 revision of the Bible:

Isaiah 56:10 His watchmen are blind, none of them have taken note. All of them are speechless dogs, unable to bark. They are panting and lying down; they love to slumber.

Psalms 22:16-21 For dogs surround me; They close in on me like a pack of evildoers, Like a lion they are at my hands and feet. I can count all my bones. They look on and stare at me. They divide my garments among themselves, And they cast lots for my clothing. But you, O Jehovah, do not remain far away. You are my strength; hurry to help me. Save me from the sword, My precious life from the paws of dogs; Save me from the mouth of the lion and the horns of wild bulls; Answer and save me.

Proverbs 26:11 Like a dog that returns to its vomit, The stupid one repeats his foolishness.

Philippians 3:2 - Look out for the dogs; look out for those who cause injury; look out for those who mutilate the flesh.

Revelation 22:15 - Outside are the dogs and those who practice spiritism and those who are sexually immoral and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices lying.’

From the Watchtower's own version of the Bible using Watchtower reasoning, it seems Jehovah's Witnesses should be more concerned with avoiding or having dogs as pets as well, if they're drawing any sort of conclusion from birthdays.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Why don't the jdubs just ban "fun" and be done with it.

What about the "experiences" at the assemblies. That is giving undue attention to an individual. Ban clapping after a public talk. Ban the year book.

Etcetera etcetera etcetera........

• Mum
    Mum

The real reasons for not celebrating birthdays: (1) It creates expectations of gifts, costing money that could go the the worldwide pedophile fund' (2) JW's might have a good time, enjoy themselves, and come to prefer that feeling and participate in activities other than meetings and field service; (3) if the party is loud, it might be heard by the neighbors and bring "reproach" on the corporation; (4) having birthday parties could lead to going to college; and (5) Gerrit Loesch doesn't like cake and, therefore, disapproves of eating it for any reason.

Birthday parties! Why not just take a gun and shoot yourself in the head and get it over with!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit