WT admitted "Jehovah" is not God's name...

by Watkins 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BU2B
    BU2B

Good point FW! I think a minority of Witnesses actually think of God when they say "Jehovah" but most just cannot separate the WT Society from God himself. In their minds, you cannot have one without the other. If one believes that the WT is "Gods only channel" and his "mouthpiece" then there really is no difference is there? This is why when a JW either fades out or gets DF/DA the JW drones say "Brother weak left Jehovah" does not matter if he still believes, lives a clean life, prays or anything else.. If you leave the KH you leave God. This is the mentality of most. Severe mental manipulation over a course of years will do this.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" If you leave the KH you leave God. This is the mentality of most. Severe mental manipulation over a course of years will do this."

Even after I had explained to the two Elders who called on me about 10 days ago that the religion I had left no longer existed, they insisted on talking about my "coming back" ( I cannot return to something I was never part of) and to my "returning to Jehovah", (whom they presume I have left because I no longer attend the K.H).

Boy, these guys really are thick.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

my "returning to Jehovah", (whom they presume I have left because I no longer attend the K.H)

I wonder if these elders ever stop and think that somehow Christians survived for 2,000 years without Kingdom Halls?

I guess Christians were just S.O.L. until Rutherfraud came along...not even Jesus could do anything for them....

If the JW argues there weren't any true Christians for those 2,000 years then I guess Jesus' sacrifice was the biggest epic fail of all time. Ah, the absurdity of being JW...

• janusfulcrum
    janusfulcrum

ADCMS: exactly my conclusion and one reason I began to doubt. why was God,s name not preserved SOMEWHERE ? And, Why was the name not recorded in Greek/greek scriptures? How did Jesus and early Christians pronounce it and why did the writers not include it ? Why would they b observing an ancient false jewish superstition ?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

it is all written at the front of the greek interlinear bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit