My mother is in the hospital again

by JeffT 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

She fell again and had to have surgery on her other hip. This is the fourth trip to the ER since last fall. Needless to say, I'm not having a good week.

• snowbird
    snowbird

So sorry.

Been there, done that.

• trebor
    trebor

So sorry for you and especially your mom. You may not be having a good week, but you're a great son.

Hang in there!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I am so sorry for you and your dear Mom. I wish her the safest, fasting recovery time.

Does your schedule allow you to be able to spend some time with her?

I know she loves you so much.

(((Hugs))) from me to your Mom. From what you have told us she sounds like 1 in a million.

LoisLane

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't know if the rules are the same now, but before my mother in law died 10 years ago, Medicare informed me that an elderly person having several falls is what qualifies them for one of those mobility scooters for little to no out of pocket expense. You may want to call Medicare, or better yet, one of the companies that sells them to see if your mom can get one. That way she can be mobile without injury and worry.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Jeff, hang in there and thanks for being such a good son.

And Jamie's advice sounds worth investigating!

for you and mom

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

So sorry for what you and your mom are going through. Wishing her a speedy recovery!

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Hope she heals quickly!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Jeff,

So sorry to hear this. Did your mother actually break both her hips?

This happened to my mom about 8 - 10 weeks ago and it has been rough in more ways than just the hip surgery and recovery alone.

Even with this reminder to be very careful, I fell recently (in condo in Mexico, husband took a shower, didn't use a bath mat, water on tiles that were like glass, I came along and whoooooop!) fortunately didn't break anything, just bruised up.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Mom broke her left hip about two months ago, ended up with a partial replacement. The other one went Saturday. This is all after another fall (down the stairs) in October. I almost went down the same stairs yesterday - stupidly trying to go up them without bothering to turn on the light. I thought it wouldn't be a problem since of been doing it for the last fifty years.

Falls are nothing to laugh about, I read that one half of all fatal falls occur from a height of less than four feet, because we all think its not dangerous. And if you take out a hip or something, no you can't get up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit