The key to leaving: there is no difference.

by joelbear 7 Replies latest social current

• joelbear
    joelbear

What is the key to leaving the witnesses? Seeing that there is no real difference between them as a group and any other religious group.

They claim difference and preach difference, but they do not live and practice difference.

Oh yes, they will tell you, we don't vote, we don't do this, we don't do that, but get to know them as people and you find out they have political leanings and they pretty much live just like everyone else.

So, basically, their claim to being God's chosen people is just that, their claim. They have no proof to back it up. We've seen that fact.

Joel

• LDH
    LDH

Joel you are right on the political neutrality thing, especially.

Right after 09/11, I was on the phone with a family member, one who recently begun "shunning me" because I am a "apostate". This, altho she calls her small children 'bastards' and 'motherfuckers' to their face.....and hits them at least 5-10 times a day.....and lies so that she can get food stamps when her husband makes about $65,000 for a family of four....whilst having her 'Bible Study' on Saturday morning. [8>]

Anyhow, while we were talking, she got a call waiting beep. She clicked over, and then when she click back to me told me, "Some stupid motherfucker taking a poll about George Bush."

ME: "Well what did they ask?"

HER: "If I thought GWB was doing a good job. I told 'em FUCK that FUCKER; he hasn't done a damn thing for me."

ME: "You realize that JWs are supposed to be politcally neutral?"

HER: "Yes, but I hate his guts."

This, from one of the most ignorant people in the world when it comes to politics AND religion.

They are no more politically neutral than Tony Blair is. They just aren't as smart as he is.

Lisa

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Too true Joel. You've pointed this out in the past, and it was one of the main eye-openers for me. One reason that the JW mantra is "stay out oif the world" and ALL memberships with any group is discouraged ... the leaders know that if the average JW realizes that the JW group is exactly the same as any other group, the luster of being 'special' wears off. JWs are just the same as anyone else, good and bad, driven by the 'good old boy' network, political, clickish, petty, gossipy, etc.

• Tammie
    Tammie

They are the same people who thinks the end of all the (and their) problems is God killing almost everyone off at Armageddon. Take for example my JW sister- For some reason we had gotten on the subject of AIDS and Africa. We got to talking about how many people have gotten it and have either died, living with it, or are affected by it. I told her, that I heard on the TV how some countries over there have been really affected alot. One of the first things she said was, "I'll be glad when Amageddon comes, that will fix the problem." So I thought to my self fixing the problem, by wiping out people. Won't there be more people dead that way? I have seen photos of death and destruction. It is not a pretty site. But that is what she is looking forward...MORBID. Her solution to the problem is to kill every one off.

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

Hey guys don't be so hard on JWs. I wholeheartedly agree that JWs are Neutered people but are not neutral. They are just using the worng word.

Your former
    humble Nuetered brother.

• LB
    LB

There is no difference. An elder told me that he really wanted Clinton to win the election last time around as he was good for the country.

Yeah right

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Gozz
    Gozz

LOL @ Lisa

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Okay, I'm new to this stuff and never been JW so bear with me. They aren't supposed to be "worldy" and they are supposed to remain neutral in governmental issues etc. Do I have it right? Okay, assuming that I do. Then how is it possible for some of them to make a living working for the city, village, state or any government entity?

Are the rules "bent" so they may hold these positions? And if they are-doesn't that make the rule moot? And I'm not talking about necessarily running for Congress here. You could be a data entry operator for the state you live in and you are doing the work of the state! And most often the pay and benefits for these types of positions are great! The pensions for many of them are something sought after also.

So, shouldn't they all resign their positions in these entities or anything associated with them-the ancillary businesses as well? If someone were on a road crew subcontracted by the state-they are STILL doing the work of the state? If someone is working working for government; whether it is local, state or national; they are under the leadership, thus, the agenda of whoever is in power in that government. Aren't they then carrying out the work of whatever the political aims are of those in "power" in that government?

What is up with that?

I read a thread about "holding their feet to the fire" and I'm all for it. You want to be JW? You want to believe this crap? Go ahead. But then step down from that nice position you have with the state and give up that pension you have coming. (And by the way-why would it matter to you anyway-aren't you going to be dead by then anyway?) And worldly? Then live it. If you want to do this then live by it to the letter. Don't be quoting your scripturebabble to me and then go get on your Harley Davidson and drive off to have some fun-THAT is worldly from what I can read. Best sell that bike and go back and read your Watchtower!

Sorry I blew up. I just cannot believe this stuff!!!
    xenawarrior-doing some saber-rattling!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit