2014-06-01 Coordinator of the body of elders ---NEWS BOE---

by WatchTower87 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

This doesn't look right. Either this is a spoof or someone is trying to flush out the traitors.

Also, NYS doesn't allow this kind of age discrimination in jobs, you can't limit someone's position by age...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

An elder position isn't a job. Its an upaid volunteering position. Also this is the third leak of the letter, so I'm fairly sure its legit.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

It is legit. My elder father-in-law mentioned it to my wife the other day. I wasn't present. My wife told me. I had to act as if I didn't know about it.

• VM44
    VM44

Why did the Watchtower pick age 80?

Why not set 70 for the cutoff age?

Also, wasn't Moses 80 when he met Pharoah and led Israel out of Egypt?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

VM44: Also, wasn't Moses 80 when he met Pharoah and led Israel out of Egypt?

Yes. The WTBTS do NOT follow the Bible. The Bible is merely a prop.

• rosesinbloom
    rosesinbloom

And Fred Franz was 83 when he became President of the WBTS.

The nebies and younger ones on the G. B. are making these changes, and many have been guilty of running it as a corporation instead of a house of worship.

The man of lawlessness is alive and well at the top.

That is why Jehovah is going to start with his OWN house when the time comes.

Which is nothing new. How many times has.he has to correct his people in the past!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hello Rosesinbloom, I encourage you to keep reading here and elsewhere to determine if or when this group was ever selected by God. (thus becoming His people). If so then when? WHAT YEAR were they accurately teaching the truth? If they were in the past then why did they change? If they weren't, why would the holy spirit impart false information needing to be continually corrected? Or have you been fooled for many years like I was?

• dozy
    dozy

Thanks for posting the letter.

I understand the thinking behind it. I sat on a Judicial Committee once with a 82 year old elder - we were dealing with a young couple who had gone "too far" during courtship and it was frankly embarrassing. Thankfully he eventually fell asleep part way through the proceedings. Mind you - some of the older guys are still quite mentally sharp. I wonder where they got the " 80 year old and you don't qualify " figure from? Seems a bit arbitrary. Why not 70 , 75 or 85?

Certainly no scriptural precedent ( not that the Society need one anyway. ) If anything - the bible is very positive towards older men in positions of responsibility - think Moses , Daniel , Abraham etc. And as others have said - why is it still ok for GB members to be in their 80's or even 90's ( such as John Barr )?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit