the JW 1914/WWI connection doesn't make sense

by Magnum 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scary21
    scary21

Magnum, I like the way you think .

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

World leaders knew a major war would erupt, it was a matter of 'when', not 'if'. WT claims that it, and it alone, was in the know about what would occur in 1914, but the simple fact of the matter is, the situation was developing for decades prior to that year. Regardless, CT Russell and WT predicted, not a world war, but Armageddon would occur in 1914, and the full establishment of God's Kingdom. So, it doesn't matter how WT revises its history now, the evidence shows WT's 'prophecy' in regard to 1914 was a 100% failure. Note these comments by Bismarck in the years leading up to 1914:

"Europe today is a powder keg and the leaders are like men smoking in an arsenal ... A single spark will set off an explosion that will consume us all ... I cannot tell you when that explosion will occur, but I can tell you where ... Some damned foolish thing in the Balkans will set it off."

----- Otto von Bismarck, said during the Congress of Berlin in 1878.

Last warning and prediction

In December 1897, Wilhelm II visited Bismarck for the last time. Bismarck again warned the Kaiser about the dangers of improvising government policy based on the intrigues of courtiers and militarists. Bismarck's last warning was:

Your Majesty, so long as you have this present officer corps, you can do as you please. But when this is no longer the case, it will be very different for you.

Subsequently, Bismarck made this prediction:

"Jena came twenty years after the death of Frederick The Great; the crash will come twenty years after my departure if things go on like this" ― a prophecy fulfilled a little late when, twenty four years after his resignation as Chancellor, World War 1 began in August 1914.

• Londo111

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit