How stupid were we??

by Crazyguy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think you may be missing the point, isn't this a huge piece of ttatt that one can share? Is no one getting this? To me it shows that the 144k are not kings over anyone and that this idea the leaders use to exalt themselves is a complete fraud. So then they have no authority they can not require anyone to hang on to their coat tails to get into the kingdom etc. It can also be shown that verse 10 does not really say thier going to rule over the earth but on it and not as kings either, but reign on the earth. One can also go on to show in chapter 20 that the ones that will judge will have to have died as a martyr. But the first part verse 9 of 5 shows thier a fraud and they are nothing. I would think this would be big in the world of ttatt. Is no ones else getting this?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

What's this? A new meaning for those two scriptures.

Now, we shall follow you, for now we know that you have the truth.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Communism? Give up already, join an anti Communism party or something... And OP - How stupid were we? I still am.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Quaterback, its not about me having the truth its about showing jws that their truth is not! Its about waking people up helping family to get out.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I couldn't agree more with The Searcher above. Nailed it. It's been my battle cry for years....

Field service is an unecessary action.....we should all just be mass murderers......guarantees a resurrection. Of course,..we would count our time and still take coffee breaks.

• jam
    jam

A symbolic number (144000), if the number is not symbolic

then what do we do with Rev. 14:4 "who have not defiled

themselves with WOMEN"?

Right, all celibate men and no women.. Give me a break, we

were slow of mind. LOL

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Very. Very stupid. There's your answer.

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

Just as a side note...

TO GENERAL ALEXANDER SMYTH MONTICELLO
    January 17 1825

DEAR SIR,
    I have duly received four proof sheets of your explanation of the Apocalypse with your letters of December 29th and January 8th; in the last of which you request that so soon as I shall be of opinion that the explanation you have given is correct I would express it in a letter to you. From this you must be so good as to excuse me because I make it an invariable rule to decline ever giving opinions on new publications in any case whatever. No man on earth has less taste or talent for criticism than myself and least and last of all should I undertake to criticise works on the Apocalypse. It is between fifty and sixty years since I read it and I then considered it as merely the ravings of a maniac no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams. I was therefore well pleased to see in your first proof sheet that it was said to be not the production of St John but of Cerinthus a century after the death of that apostle. Yet the change of the author's name does not lessen the extravagances of the composition and come they from whomsoever they may I cannot so far respect them as to consider them as an allegorical narrative of events past or subsequent. There is not coherence enough in them to countenance any suite of rational ideas. You will judge therefore from this how impossible I think it that either your explanation or that of any man in the heavens above or on the earth beneath can be a correct one. What has no meaning admits no explanation and pardon me if I say with the candor of friendship that I think your time too valuable and your understanding of too high an order to be wasted on these paralogisms. You will perceive I hope also that I do not consider them as revelations of the Supreme Being whom I would not so far blaspheme as to impute to Him a pretension of revelation couched at the same time in terms which He would know were never to be understood by those to whom they were addressed. In the candor of these observations I hope you will see proofs of the confidence esteem and which I entertain for you.

The Writings of Thomas Jefferson By Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Adgate Lipscomb, Albert Ellery Bergh, Richard Holland Johnston, Thomas Jefferson memorial association of the United States

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Nice side note,

"You will perceive I hope also that I do not consider them as revelations of the Supreme Being whom I would not so far blaspheme as to impute to Him a pretension of revelation couched at the same time in terms which He would know were never to be understood by those to whom they were addressed."

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

and where ar ethe great crowd when he sees them .well ...In heaven , ah but the teaching is the great crowd are on earth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit