What has the WTS EVER "predicted" that has actually come true?

by integ 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• integ
    integ

You'd think they could point to something right? "We said______and just look. Obviously we're the one true religion".

I can't fathom how anyone of any intelligence would be willing to join up with this org after doing even rudimentary research.

For years they have taught that it's wrong to seek advanced education or to plan for a "worldly" future by trusting in this system of things and then this past Sunday the Watchtower article rips on people for not planning for the future in regard to their elderly relatives.

Maybe if they hadn't been teaching for 100 yr's that the end was "just around the corner" and telling us we'd better believe that fact...or else, we would have planned better for a future that YOU SAID without reservation would NOT EVEN OCCUR.

What mind blowing prediction can they point to that would convince someone "Oh yeah..these guys have it right"...?

I've got nothing on my end.

• bsmart
    bsmart

"Religion is a snare and a racket! " Rutherfraud

• skin
    skin

Good point, until you mentioned that I thought last weeks wt study was one of the better ones, no self promoting or use of the word evidently to tell us something thats not bible based. Also now looks like they could be thinking that the end is not just around the corner anymore.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

i saw the wt about elderly as acknowledgment that there are now many old witnesses who dont have a way to care for themselves because they listened to the wt amd didnt plan for this "system" to last. now with cutting the do's you add even more needy older ones. ones who may have shunned theor family and kids oray have fam amd kids as broke as them from following the dub dub. so it was a manipulative, timely reminderasking for dubs to help the needy older ones becaise the wt wont. the wt keeps all donatioms, so npw they want dubs to also donate directly to those needy ones as well, using their typical j-dub mind tricks to do it. all while still asking those same needy ones to donate what they can as well to gain jehovahs favor...remember this same wt issue discusses the poor widow who gained jehovahs favor....

• alanv
    alanv

I used to be amazed at the way the 607 BCE doctrine ended with 1914 and the outbreak of world war one but see now that it was a wrong date they used. Also they said they predicted the rise of the United Nations but again that imformation was known by many not just the JWs.

• blondie
    blondie

WT covers its rear end with this concept.

*** w11 12/1 p. 13 Who Can Interpret Prophecy? ***

Other prophecies are fully understood by servants of God only after their fulfillment. Many events in Jesus’ life had been prophesied centuries before his birth, but this was not fully understood by his disciples until after his resurrection. (Psalm 22:18; 34:20; John 19:24, 36)

*** w04 2/1 p. 21 pars. 12-13 “The Scene of This World Is Changing” ***

12 In recent years, politicians have often used the phrase “peace and security” to describe various human schemes. They even dubbed 1986 the International Year of Peace, although that year did not live up to its name. Do such efforts by world leaders constitute the complete fulfillment of 1 Thessalonians 5:3, or was Paul referring to a specific event of such dramatic proportions as to claim world attention?

13 Since Bible prophecies are often fully understood only after they are fulfilled or are in the process of fulfillment, we will have to wait and see.

*** w00 3/15 p. 13 par. 12 ‘O God, Send Out Your Light’ ***

Just as the apostles understood many prophecies concerning the Messiah only after Jesus’ death and resurrection, Christians today understand Bible prophecy in its finest detail only after it has been fulfilled. (Luke 24:15, 27; Acts 1:15-21; 4:26, 27) Revelation is a prophetic book, so we should expect to understand it most clearly as the events it describes unfold. For example, C. T. Russell could not have correctly understood the meaning of the symbolic scarlet-colored wild beast mentioned at Revelation 17:9-11, since the organizations that the beast represents, namely, the League of Nations and the United Nations, did not even exist until after his death.

*** w51 7/1 p. 399 par. 5 Release to the Captives ***

It is further established that prophecy may be understood only after it has been fulfilled or during the course of its fulfillment. No matter who tried to grasp the meaning of these visions they could never know until Jehovah the “revealer of secrets” (Dan. 2:47) disclosed them by bringing the actual events to pass.

*** sl chap. 11 pp. 190-191 par. 20 No Harming nor Ruining in the Spiritual Paradise ***

Therefore the time for the fulfillment of Isaiah’s prophecy concerning the transformation of the disposition of animal life dates from the postwar year 1919 C.E. onward. This marked the beginning of a period of education in the written Word of God from the standpoint that Bible prophecy is best understood after it has been fulfilled. So there needed to be a correction of our previous views, and the surviving remnant of spiritual Israel needed to be readjusted to the postwar realities and opportunities.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If you read apostate literature, you will fall out of the "truth". True!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

If you read the Bible alone, you will fall out of the "truth". True!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

The beginning of WWI in 1914 was the last thing that I held on to for a couple years that was the only reason that I thought it was "the truth." Then one day I heard a comment about 1975, and I asked myself "If WWIII broke out in 1975, would it now be a major doctrinal marker, like 1914 is?" Once that seed was in my head, it was only a matter of time.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Artwork (picture) in the 2-15-75 WT p.100 and the 10-1-78 WT p.10

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit