untitled

by not bitter 4 Replies latest jw friends

• not bitter
    not bitter

Yesterday I sat listening to a conversation between two sisters in their early 70s. They were half talking to me.

One of them has hurt her hand and has it bandaged up. Anyway it started with one of them saying to me

''oh don't get old, its awful'

Then they both went off on one about how sister so and so had a fall and since then she is looking and acting positively elderly. And another dear sister same age as them is now in a nursing home and remember how full of life and funny she used to be. ''oh and how I think of our dear old friends now getting into their 80's, its so sad''

It went on for about 20 mins and ended with one of them saying how they should both just be grateful that they are still here.

I think I sat there watchng and listening with my mouth open in amazement.

I wanted to shout ''and you promised me I'd never even get to high school and that 35 friggin years ago''

Hilarious

• jgnat
  • jgnat
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Not bitter. I hear you. I wish you had said those words and posted their reaction, but you are no doubt polite, and that would not have been polite to mention, how you had been lied to and led astray.

(((Hugs))) I hear you. I remember being 5 years old, and being told Armageddon is right around the corner. Mostly all the adults that said that are now dead.

Take care.

LoisLane

• jgnat
    jgnat

All of natural causes, I assume, Lois? In a way, they each died at the end of their own Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit