A Good Question To Ask JW to Get Them To Think

by sarahsmile 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't know if this would make them think rather than they might use it as an opportunity to start counting time.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Design that age way too young! I was 17. No reason to ask Catholics why they were baptized because it strickly dealing with Jehovahs Witnesses. But I see what you mean because JW like to answer question with question regarding "Christendom" doctrines. They love to compare instead of answering the question. Good at pointing out other religion doctrines instead of their own.

Punkonice they can count time for any reason, let them start counting. But they do get annoyed when I tell them they can not count time with me because I am baptized. A few already tried that one.

As far as time, I find it strange how Jehovah's Witnesses neglect to realize the time after Jesus changed Christians dedication to follow Jesus and proudly boast him as the Messiah.

Baptism for Christian should symbolize following Jesus Christ and beliving he was the Messiah the son of God. Yet with the JWs it is backwards.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

My all time favorite question:

Would you still be a witness if the GB's said, well we really tried to be God's mouthpiece, but.....we are not....so the question to you would be, would you stay if this wasn't God's organization ?

Legacy

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Legacy, I like your question and line of thought. The only potential problem I see would be the part where the GB admits they are wrong about ever being Gods mouthpiece. To some, that would be showing humility and would confirm that they actually are. So I would simply word it the assumptive : Would you stay if you knew this was not Gods organization? Of course, we know that many feel "stuck in" and have/are staying despite knowing.

• designs
    designs

The relevance of this question to the JW is that the one asking immediately identifies themselves with the Evangelical movement, and that historically has been a very adversarial relationship.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I usually ask them if they CAN think?

• designs
    designs

Isn't that also just asking a JW to put up their defenses.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Baptism is the gate through which one dedicates his or her life to Jesus. Going under the water represents the death and burial of Christ and coming forth from the water represents Jesus coming forth from the tomb into a newness of life. Afterwards, this covenant is renewed through the partaking of the bread and wine. Both, if done with a sincere heart, result in the forgiveness of sins.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Hi Legacy, LOL many would stay because it is a good life for them.I bet you would get," Yes I would because I know it is the truth, and I am just waiting for Jehovah to clear up the matter and paradise earth."I think it would go over some if their heads. Good old timers would growl at you with flaming nostrils.

SOP Would you really say something like that! No reason to insult folks. :-) Coming from someone who drove by them on Saturdays and flipped them off. Lol. It sounds so angry.

Design I see your point but they would still want to answer why they got baptized.

3thrd I liked how Legacy stated the GB.Oh your so right the JW would just say they are imperfect and adjusted their teaching unlike other religions. Walls would go up.

Jws are on the defensive all the time but they also think they need to teach.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Cold Steel so cool! But does most JWs believe this way? Did you get baptized as a JW? Just wondering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit