Has The WTS Reached Its Kobayashi Maru Moment?

by metatron 28 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

But even rivers run dry...given enough of a drought.

• kaik
    kaik

I do not think WT is going anywhere in our lifetime. They will never run out of suckers who are foolish enough to be a member of organization having 140 years of failed records and incosistent doctrines. There are people who wants this world to be destroyed for personal problem and hope that God will do that in their lifetime. There are people who are desperate, lonely, sometimes crazy, and weak that they will stay in this organization regardless what WT has printed. They have Bible, yet they think that God is communicationg with GB. They are happy with selective cherry picking text in their WT and Awake and their service to God is distributing man made publications. Due failed 1914 nonsense, WT had reached saturation point in the countries that had JW presence in the past 100 years. Their hopes are within 3rd world countries that are unaware of the failed prophecies and changed doctrine. The old timers do not know anything else than stick with the KH until they die. 20 year later when most of the people die off they will get younger generations that are not associated with the past fiascos.

• integ
    integ

The unmitigated gall of the wts to have a whole article devoted to telling everyone how foolish they are for not "planning for the future" in regard to caring for elderly relatives when they have been preaching for umpteen many years that the end is just around the corner and that we SHOULD NOT BE PLANNING for any future in this society becuz the end is "just around the corner".

It blows my mind that people can't see through this schytt.

It's like a hard slap to the face to the entire flock and they just take it with a smile and say "thank you sir may I have another?" ("SLAP")...'that was refreshing".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But even rivers run dry...given enough of a drought.

There may be a dought in the Western World, but not elsewhere. Latin America. China. Africa.

I think the WTS sees where their future growth is (and is not). The West is good for one thing: CA$H And their new arrangement just cleaned out all the Congs in the West of all their stored up CA$H and now they will continue to badger them for a continuous CA$Hflow to support the expansion in the 3rd-World.

With this huge influx of CA$H (Billions) their investments will be the source of continuous CA$Hflow for them as well.

Doc

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I don't know much about Star Trek, but the WTS "Jumped The Shark" years ago !

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Blues Brother - "I don't know much about Star Trek, but the WTS 'Jumped The Shark' years ago!"

I'm pretty certain the one-two punch of Sparlock/Deafsterbation was the WTS's "Jump the Shark" moment.

Active and loyal JWs were insisting that they were bullshit apostate propaganda (sometimes even after their release), transitioning to embarassed silence when they realized it was genuine.

• Decided
    Decided

The Muslims are growing all over the earth, so if people believe that crap they will also accept the JW's religion too.

Ken P.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

A Morris Da Turd does not believe in a " No Win" scenario.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

In Star Trek, the Kobayashi Maru is the no-win scenario. The test changes depending on the decisions of the captain to make it more difficult.

But I look at the no-win scenario as always an either or choice. One can choose A or choose B but not have both A&B.

That was what Sunday's Watchtower 6/8 taught. It told of a ballerina who chose instead of the career to pioneer. They were teaching that if they choose pioneering that they would be happy, rather than performing. Either Or. But not both. But that is not Christianity. Full time service, meetings, etc.

I look at better examples such as Lou Whitaker, Chet Lemon who played for the Detroit Tiger and were Witnesses. They were not full time pioneers, but their example was that they were not troublemaker and stayed out of badness. That is more Christian than meetings and FS. They saved their money and retired when they wanted. The same with Larry Graham. They used their talents and did not just become of the many with no identity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit