This drives me crazy

by scary21 9 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

My daughter is having some problems with her neighbors. She says " God will take care of it " I say "yeah God WAS going to help that child being raped but wait a minute, STOP you need some help. Why are your trivial problems more important than starving children ?

Sorry, everytime I hear this shit I have this urge to slap the person up side the head.

Sherry

• LV101
    LV101

I remember the days when I felt some peace about "God will take care of it" but then it dawned on me while still in he gave me a brain to use - unlike what they spouted off on the platform not to lean on your own understanding, intelligence, etc.

• scary21
    scary21

Your right, THAT"S IT ! She finds peace in saying that. But I feel annoyed and unpeaceful , it just reminds me of all the abused children

Maybe instead of being upset I should just chill out and repeat.....it gives them peace ...it gives them peace........

Maybe not because I can't help but be a smart ass sometimes But I will try .

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

This bothers me as well. Especially since it's just a passive agressive way of minimizing something with little or no effort. For you god belivers, it also shrinks the importance of your lord.

Replace "god" with another noun that we cannot control. Instead of "god will take care of it," say "time will take care of it." We most often hear this worded as "in 100 years, it won't make a bit of difference."

Same thing with replacing "lucking" with "unfortunate" but implying the same exact meaning. God, time, whatever... it's out of my hands and therefore no longer a matter for what is really important... ME.

• scary21
    scary21

Yes, time will take care of it. I like that.

• LV101
    LV101

scary21 - BELIEVE me, I undersand what you're going thru!

Backseat - I might be confused here - "it also shrinks the importance of your lord." I'm assuming you mean with the Lord's help a Christian will be able to handle the situation and not in a passive-aggressive way?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

yeah me too I hear this shit all the time and it drives me nuts too

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@LV101

In this example, the addition of THE LORD to the equation does not add to anything regarding the dismissive form of the outcome.

A christian might say “god will take care of it” and claim the lord is giving them some holy method of being able to handle the situation.

A secularist would say “time will take care of it” and claim that perspective makes them able to handle the situation.

There is no difference in the psychology of recovering from whatever the issue is at hand. The brain works in exactly the same way, with the exact same emotion, and with the exact same outcome. So in this case, the lord plays little, if any, part in the resolution.

And if there was a god, I would seriously question whether he would appreciate being minimized to a point where any atheistic substitution would result in the exact same outcome.

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Wow very annoying, at least they could tell their God what they want him to do about it.

WIT?

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

God wants us to use our brains, our powers of reason etc....

That statement is just a cop out. Does my head in too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit