Voluntary Donations - Not Really Mentioned Anymore?

by baldeagle 13 Replies latest jw friends

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

i jave seen donation requests demonstrated by sisters in the hall i attend several times in the past year....i also asked my husband if we were supposed to ask for donations and he said yes and was upset when i said i was not comfortable doing that...

• steve2
    steve2

It is perhaps one of the very few practices that differs significantly among the Witnesses and likely between different countries.

I never heard that it was discontinued.

The main point would be this:

Provided the organization itself does not lose out (i.e., gets the money), it really is an individual matter whether and how Witnesses fund the literature. At a guess, the practice of giving it away is likely widespread with the hapless individual Witnesses footing the bill.

• Splash
    Splash

Splash There were Service Meeting items some time ago saying that we should no longer mention the donation arrangement at all.

I've double checked my statement and it's not correct.

What I recalled were instructions specific to telephone witnessing not mentioning the donation arrangement, since this would be seen as telephone soliciting.
    There were some KM's on this.

So the donation arrangment still exists. Sorry to mislead you!!

Splash

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Nothing worse than having to go door to door for a End of the world cult like the WT, and ask for donation for literature that is full of self absorbed bull shit about joining its association to get everlasting life membership drive.

And lets not forget Sparlock the magical wizzard toy that makes Jehovah all sad and tery eyed according to these deluded cooks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit