How much longer for the congregation book (sorry bible) study?

by Saltheart Foamfollower 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• b00mslang
    b00mslang

What about in the 70's and 80's when the WT touted the Book Study Groups as being all important and the life-line during the GT?

When I was growing up and in the 80's it was drilled into us that the Book Study wasn't fluf and that it would be these small groups that would be the covert meeting places to receive Spiritual Food and direction from the GB.

Another of the many "truths" that have, apparently, gone past their "sell by" dates.

• sir82
    sir82

I can easily imagine them dumping the CBS and cutting the midweek meeting to an hour, especially in light of the new arrangement for meetings during the CO visit.

• suavojr
    suavojr

What do you think is the real motive to reduce the amount of spiritual food they are dispensing?

• sir82
    sir82

What do you think is the real motive to reduce the amount of spiritual food they are dispensing?

They are phasing out of the publishing business, moving into the real estate development business. One less meeting = 1 less book to write & print each year.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Thanks sir82! I guess they can keep the R&F busy and happy with their GBTV conventions

• factfinder
    factfinder

I think the CBS will continue. It takes so long to get through books now, they can do the Imitate Their Faith book next, after that God's Kingdom Rules, by the time they finish that more new books will be out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit