GUILT TRIPS AND EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL!!!

by DATA-DOG 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scott77
    Scott77

DATA-DOG,

Sorry for what you are going through. Now I know why marrying a JW would have been a marital disaster.

Scott77

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Witnesses are experts at double bind relationships. It's the psychological term that means "You're damned if you do. Damned if you don't." It was easier for me to deal with the double bind relationships with my family once I understand. Nothing will change, but it helps to understand it. Read about it. Here's one article: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-second-noble-truth/201108/the-relationship-double-bind-frustration-enlightenment

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi DATA-DOG, I'm sorry for your wife's cognitive dissonance and its affect on you and your child.

Have you read The Psychology of Guilt Overcoming Types of Guilt? I prefer recommending Steve Hassan's vidoes and methods on www.freedomofmind.com and books, but maybe the aforementioned webpage might help you, because it does not use the word cult.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• VampireDCLXV
  • skeeter1
    skeeter1

If you can afford it, your daughter needs help dealing with her mom. I can understand saying, "No X if you can't go (to school or even to church) today." But, yelling at her the whole way and then acting like Sister Christian is abusive. Your daughter, still a kid, is going to think that she did something wrong.

It would be great if her mom realized her issues and went to a shrink as well, but I think that's a cold day in hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit