C'mon Analysts- The game is on! Let's play.

by Hairtrigger 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

As has been established on this forum many times over, the WTBS/ GB /FDS is aping the policies of the Catholic church in almost every detail. The catholic church owns prime property all around the world given its supreme standing in the dark ages and after.

Does the WBTS have a bigger game plan in mind ? Now here is the break in pattern They've sold valuable NY properties which seems like madness. Or is it?

The money they've collected is a whopping big chunk. Now they wanna see that multiply. Real estate is a safe gamble to bet on rather than the stock market. I have a sneaky feeling about certain losses on the stock market ( given its volatility over the past 4 years) that they won't let anyone know about. Hence this sudden interest in real estate albiet bought with the R&F's money.

Others have speculated that they might be running out of cash because of lawsuits over pedophilia. Lets take a look at this whole thing as one picture.

Here is the sequence of events in the last six months or so. Feel free to fill in or change the order of events if I've left anything out or placed something in wrong order.

1.New headquarters to be built in Wakhill,upstate NY. NY city prime properties sold for a bizzare reasons. NWT undergoes changes.

2.Then they open their game with a strange proclaimation. That is a hundred- odd new KH's required to be built. Reason given is just as cockscrewed as the other reasons for previous action. 73 ( approx no.) KH needed in California. 29 or 31( again approx.) in Florida and some more around the country. Wild search (rumoured by elders) for properties to build on. No real buys reported.

3.WT articles directing devotees to blindly obey any and all directions from the GB regardless of sanity. They followed this with a sudden change in the donation pattern. Four-page letter sent only one read out to the village.

4. Imediately or in conjunction with the change of donation pattern an autocratic hierarchical order brought into play (CO's; DO's ). R&F kept in suspense about exact future plans.

5. Sudden increase in Public talks geared around Apostates, Satan's influence and of course the Nobility of the GB/FDS/WBTS.

6.Conventions have GB members giving the main talks pre-recorded .

7. !00 th anniversary of 1914 dogma.

Analysts? What could be other plausible conclusions from this scenario apart from “ money grab”; “Running scared”; “ Paying for pedo-fornicating pleasures.”. Is there a pattern emerging that replicates another successful cult or church?

• kaik
    kaik

One advantate Catholic and Orthodox churches in medieval times had was their association with the rulling elite of the country and were an integral part of the government. This gave them a huge monopoly over religious lifes and with it an access to wealth of the nation. No christianity can be as successfull as the Catholic church. It also inherited structure from the Roman Empire and multiplied its wealth over the centuries. Neither the French Revolution or communism could put Roman Catholicism out of business. WT attempts to model themselves as the catholic church by diversifying its influences world wide. However, without access to national wealth like had medieval bishops and abbots, they will never achieve the same success.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Kaik - Nicely said - and the Catholic Church built truly beautiful Cathedrals using

the greatest architects that lived in every century and paid the greatest artists

to do beautiful paintings and sculptures, we all can still enjoy, and you

can't beat the costumes. Huge pointed hats, gold robes. The pomp, the pageantry ?

The Festivals? Carnival ? The Saints being carried down the main streets.

The 14 stations of the cross. The Passion Plays. The Holidays.

Its a dinner and show and provided entertainment for the masses

for centuries. And how about those candles ?

The Inquisition was a nasty bit, but provided lots of excitement. And it just went on

and on, in California they built the Missions, still visited today as showplaces.

• talesin
    talesin

::

The publishing company is losing members both by attrition, and members learning TTATT. "Born-in" members have been going to university for decades now, and the publishing company's future is bleak. They want to grab all the cash they can, from the remaining (surviving?) members.

100 new KH in Florida and CA? Can you say "retirement villages"?

Blindly obey, with donation pledge = seniors who have believed and invested their whole lives, a lot of them middle class baby-boomers, will be more easily suckered in to signing it all over to the b'Org and moving to the retirement facility. The senior JWS have a fear and/or revulsion of living in a 'worldly' facility.

Apostates? Satan's influence? Yes, tightening the grip, lest those pesky children and grandchildren who know TTATT rescue their aging parents or grandparents / aunts / uncles from the b'Org and at the very least, ensure they enjoy a happy retirement.

Pre-recorded talks is typical cult behavior - think of Orwell's 1984, the TV screens, the droning voice (yes, I was only 5, but I remember that lunatic Franz at Yankee Stadium or wherever it was).

Squeezing the last generation of faithful "sheep" that they can count on grafting.

Afterwards, sell off the retirement villages, or keep them if they are moneymakers - soak the 'worldly' people.

It's quite transparent, when you lay out the steps ... very nicely done in the OP.

tal

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

I was told that the new properties for Kingdom Halls are no longer being informed to the local congregations or elders. Only people in Bethel know, they're the ones sending guys to make the purchases and on the down low. No one will know until the deal has been done and land is bought. Planning, I'm told is getting more advanced, some are to build multiple halls and parking structures within one location.

• Sherilynn
    Sherilynn

They are just investing in the future of real estate and free labor so down the road when the rest of us are dead (depending on your age) and gone there will be a new batch of properties with more value to sell and do it all over again.

Printing and Real Estate Developers nothing more of course, thanks to the faithful who give their time and money to make a corporation richer while they are beaten with the word to questions themselves if they are doing enough for Jehovah.

Sick and Twisted Masters of Manipulation

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

They know that growth in more developed countries is stagnant, too many people with access to the internet and inconvenient information. I wonder if they are trying to extract as much money as possible from those countries to develop membership in areas that are still seeing growth? A cement block Kingdom Hall might be a very impressive thing in countries with great poverty.

Whatever the plan is, you can be sure there is a plan.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Hairtrigger - "Does the WBTS have a bigger game plan in mind?"

IMO, that would be giving them too much credit.

The WTS (like any other authoritarian regime) is reactive, not proactive.

The only real "plan" they have is to survive by any means.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Way back in 2006 this same game was played at a smaller level in a third world country. 8 or 10 KH's were promised ( and I thought " where the hell are they going to get the money to buy so many properties when the price of properties in this city of this third world country is even higher than those in first world countries)."

And- blow me a paperbag- suddenly a property in the number one city of this country was sold. The KH's never got built. Congregations that were promised the KH's wre merged with others or had to disperse to other congregations.

One of the best properties they had was sold for far below its market price. At that time I had wondered at their stupidity in selling such a plum for pennies. When I heard of the congregations being made redundant two years agoI realized the hoax.

AND GUESS WHAT? The guy who takes care of the finance at that country's headquarters was brought to NY on two occations in the last three years! For reasons that are totally hush! hush!

Now that it is happening on such a large scale here I am inclined to think, " that was a trial run. This is the real deal." But ...the million dollar question... what is their end game? If they begin to club congregations together or begin mergers -maybe that will give us a clue as to whats going on.

• millie210
    millie210

I think there are two lines of thought at headquarters. One is "old school" and one is "modernize". Because everything has to be voted on what we are getting is a hodge podge of the two ways of thinking. That is why it is so hard to draw a straight analytical line through any of the new changes. They are based on compromises.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit