Advice not worth 2 farts

by bobld 11 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld

What I am talking about is the march 15,2014 wt articles on aged and care for the elderly.I mean no disrepect to farts.Actually farts are beneficial however,the resultant gawful smell stinks to high heaven.

Ask these aged and elderly ones today what advice did they get in the sixies.Did they receive any financial planning,pre-retirement advice,plan for medical costs,tax accountancy,debt recovery banking,etc..OR You will never get old,no need for education,don't have childern the end is near.Now they say the childern(which they weren't to have) have the responsilibity to take care of the elderly.

Their advice is more like the resultant of a fart.

• prologos
    prologos

Korban

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think it was more than just advice.

i think it was about faith. faith in the message preached by those who claimed to be commissioned to speak to all the nations in His name from 1919

This is a quote from the book "Man's Salvation Out Of World Distress At Hand" (1975 WTB&TS)on page 29 it says.

"After all that we have gone through since 1914,our generation would be, of all generations the "most to be pitied".Think of it, though! Worthy ones of this generation of mankind will be saved alive out of the rest of this world distress so as to survive the worst of it and enter into God's Messianic new system of things and not need a resurrection from the dead to life on earth! This is a valid hope well founded on what was said by Jesus Christ..." (bold mine)

the words “most to be pitied” are taken from 1 Corinthians 15 where Paul talks of the resurrection of Christ and our faith being in vain if this has not taken place, which i believe is essential to have faith in as a christian. it seems to me that faith without works isn't faith and we demonstrate our faith by how we live our life.

Same book page 47/48

The question on all of this was thus raised in the first century C.E, because the controversy raged about Jesus Christ the Descendant of Abraham and of David. That is why the apostle Paul wrote about the matter and showed that the information heard by Isaiah had come true in Jesus Christ as the “Servant” mentioned in Isaiah 52:13 and 53:11. The glorification of Jesus Christ in heaven after his extraordinary sufferings as a man on earth was good news, Gospel, Evangel. “Nevertheless,” writes the apostle Paul with special reference to his own people , “they did not all obey the good news. For Isaiah says: ‘Jehovah, who put faith in the thing heard from us?” So faith follows the thing heard, In turn the thing heard is through the word about Christ” –Romans 10:16,17

A similar thing can be said today. “They did not all obey the good news.” This, even after the Christian witnesses of Jehovah have spent more than sixty years in proclaiming that the “times of the Gentiles ended in the autumn of 1914. Amid the first world war and that then Jehovah’s “Servant” received a new elevation by being exalted to the throne of the Messianic kingdom…The overwhelming evidence that has accumulated since 1914 CE in proof of this glorious fact has been pointed out by these witnesses of Jehovah. The good news about the Messianic kingdom of Jehovah’s “Servant” is better news today that it was nineteen hundred years ago, in apostolic times. In the face of the relatively small proportion of the world’s population that has put faith in the “thing heard” from us or proclaimed by us, it can truthfully be said: “They did not all obey the good news.” This explains the saddening state of the world of mankind today.”

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

I was 12 years of age when the WBT$ spouted this sh1t. I took their advice. I didn't go to uni like my careers adviser said I should. After all they quote the above as 'fact'...it was a filthy lie.

I am now 56, regretting my life and know I wasted the best years of my life on and in the WBT$ scam. It was abuse.

I will loathe the WBT$ leaders until the day I die. I am sure they would laugh at this and rub their paedophile loving hands with glee.

• KateWild
    KateWild

bobld,

This is what I found sad about CoC. Ray mentioned he had regrets about not having children to take care of his wife after he was gone. Children are the most rewarding things in life. We went out this week and my daughter insisted on paying. I have a higher disposable income than her, her car insurance is crippiling, so I don't like to take advantage, but letting her pay sometimes is nice for us both. She feesl responsible and generous, and I feel appreciated.

In 2014, when a WT is telling children what their responsibilities are, they are lying as many in WT don't have children. So sad, hypocrites!

Kate xx

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

I am also a victim of the awake 69 and this wt 71 lies:

*** w71 9/15 p. 563 par. 17 Set Apart from the World ***
    17 All worldly careers are soon to come to an end. So, why should today’s youth get interested in ‘higher education’ for a future that will never eventuate? The colleges are falling into chaos, anyway. The essentials of education for a useful life can be obtained by studying well at high school, and beyond that there is also the ‘highest education’ that Jehovah provides through his organization, preparing for a satisfying career of full-time service that goes on forever. (Ps. 71:5, 17; 61:8) Let young people, and older people, too, avoid reading matter, TV and movies that highlight worldliness. Rather than see how close one can keep to the world’s course and yet stay in the truth, how much wiser to see how far away one can get from the interests and ways of the world!—2 Cor. 6:17; Rom. 12:2.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

many in WT don't have children.

I remember the talk at the a$$emb£ies 'Responsible Childbearing in this Time of the End' where the WBT$ were saying not to have kids but to spend all their time slaving for the corporation.

I think it's been a 2 edged sword for them. On the one hand there would be not many born ins on the other hand no kids means more 'hours(TM)' slaving so the GB get power and money to look after paedophiles.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What I found disgusting was the WTBTS's nerve to hint that anyone who does not take care of their parents are like "False" [LOL!!! HAHAHAH!!!] Religious leaders, or Pharisees. All these poor people find themselves aged and unprepared, largely because of the WTBTS leaders who aged and died themselves!!

They say it's the "congregations" responsibility! HA!!! Most JWs have no clue what "congregation" means from a biblical standpoint. If they did, the WTBTS would be instantly out of business. AND...if the GB of the past were really part of the "congregation" and are really helping dispense nu-light from heaven, why aren't they telling the current GB to:

1) Come clean about EVERYTHING.

2) Use the WTBTS's financial assets to take care of the elderly members of the "congregation"?!?!?!

Oh! Yeah!! It's all a bunch of shit, and the WTBTS is a cult! I forgot!

DD

• KateWild
    KateWild

Use the WTBTS's financial assets to take care of the elderly members of the "congregation"?!?!?!-DD

Lol! Yeah wouldn't it be great if all JW pensioners worldwide got to retire in accomodations like Warwick, the site in Wales, and some of the premier properties in London. What do you think this is, some kind of charity? Not even all bethelites will retire in luxury comparable to any of these accomodations.

Well we can all dream that WT will actually be shamed into acting like a charity, and become charitable to it's long serving pensioners. We need to be realistic though it's a cult all about the money and the power.

Kate xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

if all JW pensioners worldwide got to retire in accomodations like Warwick

Despite the GB proclaiming the 'love' the flock in their nauseating book forewords they clearly do not. They don't care about anyone but themselves as proven by their actions.

So far as the GB are concerned as long as they get assets and money from the deceased R&F that's all they care about.

They and their sort are a loathesome disease upon mankind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit