Just Posting, what's on my mind

by U.2.K. 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

U2K:
    I've seen that picture on two other sites, one of which is Mormon.
    Are you coming out?

• Introspection
    Introspection
    How that they told you there should be mockers in the
    "LAST TIME" who should Walk after their own ungodly passions- Jude

This makes me think of people's motives for doing things. Does believing in Christ's second coming constitute a godly passion? Let me put it this way - suppose you have two people, one believes in it and one doesn't. They do the same good works. We don't have to attribute any motives to the one who does believe, but you CANNOT attribute any selfish motive to the one who does NOT believe because he doesn't think he's being saved, there is no reward for his works as far as he's concerned. In fact, the evidence would seem to suggest that he does it out of nothing more than a love for neighbor and a desire for service.

So how is it that a person who believes that he's going to be saved more righteous than one who doesn't? Ask yourself this question: Would I do all the works that I believe to be good if there is no promise of everlasting life? If you can honestly say that you would, then fine. But if that's the case, you should also see that belief in this one thing makes no difference. Even if God's kingdom is coming, there are people who are suffering now, there is disease, hunger etc. If they are to survive they need help NOW. How does paying lip service by talking to them about your belief in the kingdom help them with these problems? This reminds me of Jesus saying how there will be those who say "Lord, Lord," didn't we do all these great works in your name? I'm sure you know the rest. Again, he also said that to the extent that you feed those who are hungry and clothe those who are naked, "you did it to me." Do you REALLY think "the least of my brothers" mean this exclusive club of people who happen to believe in a second coming, regardless of how they behave otherwise? The fact that he said there will be those who innocently ask "when did we see you hungry and feed you, and when did we see you naked and clothe you?" means there IS NO ULTERIOR MOTIVE. He's talking about people who do it out of the goodness of their hearts, NOT people with certain beliefs.

Just what do you think LOVE is really all about, anyways??

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hey, Intro!

I really liked your response!

outnfree

• Will Power
    Will Power

Ditto

Good response Intro. The faith without works is kinda over some heads as well as the love thy neighbor, even your enemies thang.

• SexKitten
    SexKitten

Funny, I thought it was 'Peace & Harmony' last time.
    Which is it?
    Since you study the bible for yourself as we all know(your ideas).
    And speak on G*d's behalf...
    Why not prepare YOURSELF now, after all armaggedon might be that big red bus around the corner!
    Now let's see in the OT. didn't they stone false prophets?
    R U going to Heaven U.2.K?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit