Did you miss me?

by Hortensia 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

Glad you had a great time. Picture Gorge sounds cool.

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Hortensia. Welcome back.

Sounds like a great trip. Please post pics if possible.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome back,

Sounds like a great trip. Glad to have you back. Kate xx

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Yes I did and it sounds like you had some great experiences.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Thanks, everyone! I had a good time, would do it again -- once I get rested, that is! I'll have to figure out how to post pictures.

LisaRose -- I read your post over again and wonder if you're heading north on highway 5? If so, would love to meet you for a cup of coffee or lunch when you pass through this way.

Well, everyone, be sure to tell us about your summer vacations, too! I may (depending on $$$) head down south to San Diego and Palm Springs to visit family/friends in June. Have to count up my pennies and see how much is left over from this trip! Wouldn't mind heading down to Lake Tahoe, either, for the Apostafest in July. Maybe I'll have to crank out some work and make some money.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thank you for rekindling my desire to travel. I made a note of the points you mentioned here:

We stopped in Pendleton, Or for a night and wished we had time to stay longer. It has an old and interesting town center, with lots of buildings from pioneer days. We went to Picture Gorge which is awesome!

Would love to see the interesting town center and Picture Gorge (had never heard of it).

One thing that has me so mad at JWdom right now is the fact that not only did it take the prime of my life, but it took my future as well in that because I have a very low-paying job, no retirement, no pension, no savings, etc., I don't see how I'll ever be able to travel. I can only dream about and long to see places like those you mentioned.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Magnum, I know what you mean! I wonder where you live -- if you lived near here, we could do some cheap road trips!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Your vacation sounded wonderful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit