Best Fish and Chips

by FL_Panthers 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

So far I've had the pleasure of trying Chips in Victoria Park Village, Falkners on Kingsland Rd, Olley's in Herne Hill and that place in Richmond which is full of OAP (good sign?)

Any other recommendations? Has to be in London.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Brighton. By the sea. Only place to have proper fish and chips.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Yeah fish and chips can be very hit and miss, have a look online for best one near you as they get awards if they are good and consistantly good.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The Magpie Cafe in Whitby. Superb

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I can believe you are dead right Slidin', you have to go oopt' North to get the best F&C, the Southerners for some reason, just don't get it quite right, and I am a Southerner !

Up North I have had some WONDERFUL F&C, chips cooked to perfection, the fish encased in Batter to die for.

Down South, the very best I have tasted, and we seek out award winning places, are a pale imitation of what our Friends in the North are able to produce.

The secret ? perhaps beef dripping may have something to do with it, but more important is Pride in what you do, and the fact that Northeners don't put up with crap food.

We nancy-boy Southerners are too shy to complain, "Very nice thank you" we say about some mediocre food.

• FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

I hear the north of England is really good? Apparently, Greggs was founded in Newcastle?

• 88JM
    88JM

Amen Slidin Fast - was going to mention Whitby myself - I'm glad you did. They really are good.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Sea Shell, Lisson Grove NW1

Masters Superfish , Waterloo Road SE1

• tornapart
    tornapart

Apparently the National Award for this year went to the Quayside in Whitby.

• jam
    jam

What's the difference, USA fish and chips vs England fish and chips????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit