"You should grow a beard if you're a man of God (slam)!!!"

by SonoftheTrinity 7 Replies latest social humour

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

If Jehovah's Witnesses are taught the "Truth" that people are afraid of men with beards, wouldn't sending them the vibe that clean shaven men are creepy, as indeed they are in some localities on some faces be the best favor you could do them. Imagine if every Trinitarian Christian told them the same thing instead of engaging in a conversation with them. In the part of California where I live them telling me that beards are threatening to some people is like those hipsters who attend the "No Pants Subway Ride" on the subway in the middle of winter and then say that it just felt too warm today to be wearing pants. Do they feel as irrelevant as they look? Where I come from it seems like the only American men who don't wear beards are regular beat cops and ex-cons trapped in dead-end jobs. Police and Thieves yo!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

In San Diego, having a beard is about to jump the shark. There is so much facial hair here, that its unique to NOT have it.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Well I have a beard, and fortunately my JW wife happens to be from a culture where beards are sacred so she doesn't nag me about it. I have a deformedly weak chin so I really would like a world where the beards are the squares and the clean-shaven are the misfits. Going to District Assemblies where there isn't a single beard to be seen truly creep me out. I finally reached the kids with a music video by the Beards "If your Dad doesn't have a beard you've got 2 moms" which I hope they remember to serenade whosoever god forbid may take my place.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

They are DEFINITELY on trend right now, beards everywhere, (UK) but if that continued then you KNOW what they'd say.... "why would we want to follow WORLDLY trends and fads and associate ourselves with this satanic world?" Come to my assembly dude, you won't be the only hairy feller there.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Leviticus 19:27 - "Do not shave tour beard"

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Apparantly, the 8 window cleaners in Brooklyn (gods representatives) did not influence beards? Satan is at it again with the 'E' word....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-27023992

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Good link that snare, cheers! Thought about you the other night, I sniggered halfway through the song, 'Satan's snares', the missus poked me wanting to know what was funny, needless to say I didn't tell her....

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Disposable Hero of Hypocrisy, I just can't sit through a meeting of bald-faced men giving talks. I truly believe that for most grown men to be clean-shaven is to miss the mark in terms of God's commandment against transvestism. I'll wear a dress before I shave off my beard. That's great that its different in Europe. I suspect that one of my boys has a thing for blondes, maybe he should go to Europe after High School. I would say 99% of my contempt for Jehovah's witnesses is my desire for my two stepsons to grow up to be bearded college graduates. The way I was brought up a man is not a man until he goes to college and grows a beard. They will always be child slaves to the Witchtower as long as their mother force-feeds them the Witchtower's spiritual slop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit