Am I part of the Cure or am I part of the disease

by Jon Preston 33 Replies latest jw friends

• happy@last
    happy@last

Tell your wife they'll soon forget about you both once you're gone. Believe me, they will.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Fading is wrong they would bug the hell out of us!

Let her do whatvthe he she wants!

What do you want to do? Maybe you should consider two different options.

Living a double life sucks! Pretending to be something your not just makes you look untrust worthy.

So it something no one can say.

I can tell you fading is so much more easier than getting dfd or da. But hey she smokes so it is just a matter of time for her.

What is she smoking!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just stop going forget the fade or the DA, in time they will stop bothering you. If people ask just tell them you have been stumbled by the GB. LOL

No just kidding but really just stop going, people will forget you much sooner then you think. Slow fade what a joke going and listening to that crap, I could'nt do it.

• steve2
    steve2

Who are these people who weld such control over you and your wife? They sound very, very powerful. To be so close to leaving yet beholden to mere religious men and women - and to note that your wife is more so that way than you.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Take the reigns and keep hold of them!

Think about it, you have taken their power away and once more ganied autonomy by realising it is all lies.

By opting to DA you legitimise them and give them backpower over your life, due to its consequences.

Like a regrettable mistake, simply walk away from it.....stop poking it.

Snare

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

p.s. I still get to nod and smile and chat to JW's and family, without being one. DF is a very unecessary procedure. Remember it is all a game and none of it is true, so being DF makes no real difference in the real world, other than it makes it very hard on your family and feiends AND you.

There is no good reason to voluntarily do that.

Fading is easy, far less painfull and it makes it very hard for WT to pin anything on you, you left for legitimate reasons and in good standing! This is also a better way to show people...

A. That they can leave

B. how to leave.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

p.s. I still get to nod and smile and chat to JW's and family, without being one. DF is a very unecessary procedure. Remember it is all a game and none of it is true, so being DF makes no real difference in the real world, other than it makes it very hard on your family and feiends AND you.

There is no good reason to voluntarily do that.

Fading is easy, far less painfull and it makes it very hard for WT to pin anything on you, you left for legitimate reasons and in good standing! This is also a better way to show people...

A. That they can leave

B. how to leave.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If you D/A or are D'F'd, you are obeying THEIR rules and procedures.

Just walk away , tell them there are things you cannot discuss except in prayer, and then they'll cease & desist rapidly due to you being a waste of time and gas!!

Best wishes for a new life!

• bemused
    bemused

Jon. Although I've never been a JW, I have to agree with Searcher. When I decided I no longer believed in the Catholic faith I didn't write a letter to my bishop or try to provoke the local priest to ban me, I just stopped going to church. You want to leave, you don't need anybody's permission to leave so just leave.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Tell your wife they'll soon forget about you both once you're gone. Believe me, they will.-Happy

That is not always the case. I stopped going in Nov 2013, JWs have been gossiping about me since then. My ex is still in and continues to spread lies about me. So when I spoke to a JW who I thought I didn't know they knew all about me, or the WT version anyway.

Jon, if you stop going you will get bugged. Your cong and JW friends have shown they will pursue you and try and "help" you. You need a strategy to put up with this or get DF'd so no one tries to contact you. Either way there will be challenges brace yourselves and be prepared and confident in leaving.

All the best

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit